Frozen Yoghurt Thoughts

Options
I really love ice cream and frozen yoghurt, but the calories and sugar content are just too high for the quantity I can eat! Is there some kind of frozen greek yoghurt (low fat) I can make instead? I would feel far less guilt about frozen greek yoghurt with mixed berries, with all the protein and vitamins!

Replies

• weightlossforbrian
    weightlossforbrian Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating the weight watchers ice cream bars. they are really satisfying and i think around 110 calories.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Skinny cows are good. Some fro-yo places have no sugar added and low fat options...

I mean....fro yo is a treat...it's not a staple of the diet (not intended to be anyway)...so if it's a treat, why make yourself feel so bad for eating it? A little sugar is not going to kill you as long as it's not copious amounts.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Check pinterest, there's all sorts of homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt recipes.
  • horses7777
    horses7777 Posts: 165
    Options
    Yasso makes frozen Greek yogurt bars in blueberry, strawberry, mango, and coconut (maybe more but that is what my store carries) and they are only 80 calories with 6 grams of protein. Taste really yummy too. Also, the Home page has a blog about summer foods, which has a recipe to make your own frozen berry and yogurt bars. I don't know the calorie count though.
  • DragonSuzie
    Options
    Saw this on Jamie Olivers show, havent tried it yet but gonna give it a go.

You can modify it to suit your tastes.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipe-print.php?url=1-minute-berry-ice-cream
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    puree any kind of fruit and your yogurt of choice. pour into Popsicle molds and freeze.

I do this as a way of getting rid of soon to expire fruit and/or yogurt. My daughter feels like she is getting a popsicle and I feel like she's getting a healthy snack = Win-win in my book.
  • amy_1987
    amy_1987 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm in the UK by the way.

I already have my weekly treat (2 fresh bakery cookies) that I'm unwilling to give up, but I'm really struggling with my sweet tooth! I'm looking for something I can maybe have to eat back some of my exercise calories with, 2-3 times a week, so it needs to be justifiably healthy!

Thanks, will google some of those brands :)
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There are lots of frozen greek yogurts by the ice cream here. Ben &jerry's even makes one. Dont know what you have available there. You could also make your own, there are tons of recipes online. I go through phases where I must have ice cream and so i buy the small containers of haagan daaz frozen yogurt and top it with fruit and a few chocolate chips. I just wont live without ice cream.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 calories Healthy Choice cups. Or you can buy frozen fruit, and puree it with yogurt.
  • pseepferdchen
    pseepferdchen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Put frozen berries and fat free thick greek yoghurt in blender. Add sweeetener to taste and you have a wonderful home made "frozen yoghurt".
  • amy_1987
    amy_1987 Posts: 45
    Options
    Is it shameful to admit I dont own a blender?!
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yoplait frozen greek yogurt... yum! 130 calories for 1/2 cup.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I made this with frozen berries and 0% Fage + Truvia. It was DIVINE.