30 day shred!!

Options
Has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? I am thinking about doing it but i need some feedback. Thanks :)

Replies

• Kailey84
    Kailey84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the 30DS is an awesome workout. Jillian Michaels will kick your butt at first, but stick it out and you will love the results! Good Luck
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice.

It's a good workout and taught me proper form.

The first couple days it is HARD if you are fairly new to exercise but stick with it!

It's worth it.
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 4 of lvl 1 and it's

1. the hardest thing in exercises I have ever tried
    2.some incredible magic working while you push your weak, sore, jelly-wiggling, sweating and screaming self through this 20 mins every day...
    3. that you feel awfully proud every day you finished it
    4. sure I do not measure at all but I left may weight plateau after I started my shred and the scale moves DOWN again and some of my jeans started to hang loose somehow

Just try, you can find it on allmighty youtube (of course you can buy the dvd later but to try its not a crime to sneak the www)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Started it two days ago. Had to take a day off because I was in so much pain. If you're a big girl, get a really good sports bra... I have one but I was still getting smacked in the face doing jumping jacks! Great workout and I love how she combines cardio and strength. I'm going to stick with it after today. I know the initial pain will wear off as my strength and endurance increase. Also, if you're having a hard time, do the easy steps like the chick on the right in the video. Worked for me and still a hell of a workout. I like her attitude. Not cheerleader style but reminding you the whole time that YOU are the reason you are doing this and YOU deserve a better you.
  • kerrypage81
    Options
    I started it but only got to about day 3 lol I keep meaning to start it again but I've got into running lately and thought doing both may be too difficult!

I have heard of a lot of people who have had great results.
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    get a really good sports bra...

THIS!!! Definately this!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Magrape2MaGreat
    Magrape2MaGreat Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yup, those jumping jacks and jogging on the spot need serious support. Not that blessed in that dept but the rest of the jelly belly is jumping up with me LOL..
    Anyway tried it about 2 months ago, was just killer, started gentle strength and cardio building first and now IM back on it, day 4 of level 1, its great, I can do the squat and bicep push up right thru whereas before I couldn't even do one, so def a harder workout for beginners. Results are good, I feel a burn in bits I forgot I had! Im lovin it so far!! Check back after 30 days if Im still alive!
  • ally_nicole_k
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think i will start it tommorow. Yay me , gonna work my butt off! Lol seriously!!!!
  • latinloverprincess
    latinloverprincess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome starter to weight loss! I have been doing it for 8 days and it is wonderful!

Anyone please feel free to add me, I need some weight loss support! Thanks
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I just finished it, and it's a great workout! Will be taking a couple weeks break from it, then probably do it over! The good bra is a great suggestion!

Here's my before and after for 30 Day Shred (the pictures are crappy but you'll get the idea)

11qgvpk.jpg
  • latinloverprincess
    latinloverprincess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Results!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yes, and RI30. Good stuff, gets the job done and she's just damn good at what she does!
  • blondejester
    Options
    it's amazing, it's the only thing i did when i first started to lose weight and it really helped the pounds come off. it will take a few days to get used to though but all the sweat and ugly faces are completely worth it
  • bird922
    bird922 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 of level 2 today and love it! I did all 10 days of level 1 consecutively and missed a day yesterday because of the 4th and too many commitments. It started off difficult but by day 6 level 1 I felt pretty good. Today, however, was wicked hard! I thought I was going to throw up! But, I did it and feel incredibly proud. I feel stronger and my stomach seems tighter already. My husband actually commented on my upper thigh saying it looked nice the other night. So, something must be working. This is the only thing I have been doing. I have kick started my weight loss program again recently and have promised myself to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in per day (most days). I know that 30DS is just under a half hour but I figure it is intense enough. Give it a try and push yourself to do it. It can get a bit tedious but it goes really quick once you start. Good luck!
  • vickidlovelace
    vickidlovelace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how to log the workout in the exercise data. I just got my video delivered and have not tried it yet.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the shred 3-4 days a week, and a body weight program on the other days, so it's not so much 30 days as....2 months, give or take. Just did L2D9 and still making ugly faces, cursing Jillian when I can manage to breath, and leaving sweat puddles everywhere. But it's a good feeling.
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of level 1 (I skipped a day because of the holiday - still mad about it!) and it has gotten easier even between Day 1-2 and 3-4 (not day 2-3 because I took a break in between!). My muscles HURT, but honestly not as much as a good mountain hike :) I will warn you, Jillian gets a little annoying. I end up yelling at her to shut the f*** up while I'm working out...which is fine because I channel my rage into the workout :) My husband is doing it with me (sort of), and he's been REALLY sore but is also improving day to day.
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    I am wondering how to log the workout in the exercise data. I just got my video delivered and have not tried it yet.

I haven't figured that out yet, either. I log it as 20 min of slow jump roping, but I also only log my workouts to keep track of them, not for calories - I'm on TDEE-20%, so I don't eat back exercise cals :)
  • ElanaBr
    ElanaBr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this DVD on Amazon. It should actually be coming today, I can't wait to try it out and I'll be sure to post the results here. I have a feeling I'll be extremely sore.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 DS! I'm on day 8 and I have to say...be prepared to sweat!!!!

I thought I was good at cardio but Jill proved me wrong! I suck at stopping during the cardio circuits but I am getting better!!!

Do it do it doooo it!!!!! I'm 235 lb/5'6 and down 3" in my thighs already! woo woo