Insanity

Options
I've been religiously going to the gym doing my 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am not losing weight anymore, which is fine, but I do want to tone up. My gym is closed for construction so I need to find something else to do now.

I decided to try Insanity and did the Fitness Test yesterday and was all set for day 1 tonight. I'm embarrassed to admit I stopped after ten minutes. I decided it's too hard and that I'll find something else (30 Day Shred? C25K?). Of course I regret this now because I know it's not supposed to be easy.

Has anyone else who has done Insanity felt like this in the beginning? I guess I'm just looking for some motivation or someone else who felt like it was tough (or impossible...) but stuck with it and saw results.

Replies

• Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yep, I feel that fairly often! Sometimes I want to stop the video in the middle of the warm-up, haha. But I don't, I just stop for 5-10 seconds and then keep going. Eventually it gets to a point where it's like the warm-up's over and so is stretching and that means that there's only 15-20 minutes of the actual "insanity" and then it's stretching again, and I work through it with frequent pauses. Now I can do almost all of the month 1 videos without stopping and I'm doing basically the same thing as I did with month 1 now in month 2. I lost over 6" in month one by pushing through and taking breaks when needed. You can do this!
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is pretty intense to me :embarassed: I had to stop after the first 7 minutes when I first started it. I still have trouble finishing the whole 30 minutes without stopping but I haven't used regularly :drinker:
  • Sjjob
    Sjjob Posts: 1
    Options
    I myself have tried and currently am doing Insanity.... again. I have finally stuck with it and only have 1 week left of month two. I have started the program twice and finally made myself stick with it this third time. The things i found that have helped the most is start at your own pace. By no means try and keep up with the individuals on the DVD. I would work at my own pace that allowed me to keep doing the move for the length of time alloted, then pick up my pace as the weeks went by. The first week I was always sore, the second week I would always struggle through but by the 3rd week I would always feel good. I have had a fitness buddy this time around. Hard to come by when you mention doing Insanity but it has definately helped. I did several of the Jillian Michaels DVD's for a couple months prior to starting it again but, I wasn't working out at all unlike you. If you stick with insanity it will definately be worth it. I have lost weight and have muscle tone that you couldn't even see before due to hiding under a layer of fat!
  • BrixenIvy84
    Options
    Thank you!! Exactly what I needed to hear!
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week of Insanity, I can see why people quit that first week, it is TOUGH and you're so sore and exhausted! But after that it becomes an enjoyable type of tough. I'm at the very end didn't miss a day and still sweating like I did in the beginning, I can do the moves better but it's never gotten easy. I'm really happy I pushed through though, I didn't lose much weight, but I lost a ton of inches and overall my fitness level improved so much I feel like I could do any work out now. A lot of it is just mental, I've told myself throughout the whole program this is too hard I can't do it today but once I put it in and get it done it's worth it. Try sticking it out for a week :)
  • msamyg
    msamyg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of Insanity. I thought it was hard to start with, but this is what I wanted so that I can get fitter!! NO PAIN NO GAIN!!

Make your goal to make it through a session without stopping. I felt awful by the end of the fit test, then in day 2 I had to stop a few times, but today I made it through only stopping once toward the end. Tomorrow I will aim to not stop at all :)
  • BrixenIvy84
    Options
    I redid day one today...I had to stop a few times but I finished! Thanks for the words of support!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have done insanity a few times the first time was awful I puked once!!! It is still hard for me that is what I like about it. I lost 38 pounds my first time with a millon rests and my fitness pal stick with it!!!! :flowerforyou:

friend me I can tell you about all the programs I just ordered 2 more very addicted, Ive lost 100 pounds with beachbody programs they work
  • sarapopefitness
    sarapopefitness Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I redid day one today...I had to stop a few times but I finished! Thanks for the words of support!

I was really happy to read that you redid it!

This might help: I've 30 Day Shred twice over the last 1.5 years. I did Insanity recently (almost the entire program and finished in May). So, by no means am I new to this interval fitness world. BUT, I tried to restart Insanity last week, got 25 minutes in to the Plyo Cardio Circuit and gave up for the day. I just wasn't ready. Sometimes you just have to try again. Instead of saying "oh screw it, I can't do this" I went running for the next five days, and a few days ago I restarted Insanity. And now I'm back on track. No matter how hard it is, you will overcome it if you push through!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    keep redoing I have shut it and walked away but always try again . Makes you feel good doing a little better!

I was really happy to read that you redid it!

This might help: I've 30 Day Shred twice over the last 1.5 years. I did Insanity recently (almost the entire program and finished in May). So, by no means am I new to this interval fitness world. BUT, I tried to restart Insanity last week, got 25 minutes in to the Plyo Cardio Circuit and gave up for the day. I just wasn't ready. Sometimes you just have to try again. Instead of saying "oh screw it, I can't do this" I went running for the next five days, and a few days ago I restarted Insanity. And now I'm back on track. No matter how hard it is, you will overcome it if you push through!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been religiously going to the gym doing my 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am not losing weight anymore, which is fine, but I do want to tone up. My gym is closed for construction so I need to find something else to do now.

I decided to try Insanity and did the Fitness Test yesterday and was all set for day 1 tonight. I'm embarrassed to admit I stopped after ten minutes. I decided it's too hard and that I'll find something else (30 Day Shred? C25K?). Of course I regret this now because I know it's not supposed to be easy.

Has anyone else who has done Insanity felt like this in the beginning? I guess I'm just looking for some motivation or someone else who felt like it was tough (or impossible...) but stuck with it and saw results.
    [/quote

Heck I have two days to go to finish and I still feel like this. You just have to go as hard as you can and keep your form and you will get better (13 lbs (my tracker is off) and 5 in off my waist later...)]
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Insanity is INSANE. It is crazy and it is nuts. It is meant to be hard and to challenge you. You don't want something easy. I did 60 days of Insanity. Each day I found myself taking less and less breaks. You will see in your fit test that you are getting stronger and stronger. Take it one day at a time. Right after Insanity I did Asylum. I had tried Asylum 2 times before and had not finished. I finally finished last month. I am now doing Asylum 2. This is the MOST INSANE workout that I have ever done. Every time, I am amazed at myself for finishing. Keep with it and don't stop. Give yourself mini goals for each workout:)
  • GuaranteedResults
    Options
    Yup! I just signed up today and saw (another post) about Insanity and so I friended everyone in the group and was like I'm going to do the fit test and get started TODAY. All I did was the fit test and watch the first DVD and I was like oooooo Hahahahaha

I am excited to get started though because I already set some goals (based on my atrocious fit test scores) and I'm really looking forward to beating the pants off those goals.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options

WOO! Way to go! I'm glad you decided to give it another shot (:
  • paliatzis
    paliatzis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week of insanity. I have one day of rest. To the post below, I am extremely out of shape. Even tho it's hard, I do what I can and keep my heart rate up..while Shaun T and his crew are doing push ups (which I do attempt to do,) I collapse. But instead I jog in place and grab a set of weights and do my own work out until its on to the next move. This may not be advised bc it's not following the work out step by step, but I'm doing what I can handle. Don't give up on it bc it's too hard. Instead made modifications that work out the same muscle group they are focused on and slowly try to build your strength. I only just completed my first week, but I feel great bc I stuck with it. I do take breaks when I can't push any harder but to make up for my breaks I do an hour of Zumba on the Wii and do other work outs to keep burning calories. I have a ton of energy and I feel my core is swollen and sore but it feels AMAZING!!!! And I know each day I'm getting better and stronger than when I first pushed "play" on my DVD player.
  • nicola1812
    nicola1812 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have started insanity myself this week, and like op quit 12 minutes before the end of the plyometric circuits. However after walking downstairs and talking to my partner for a couple of minutes I decided to go back and finish the dvd. Pleased to say I did, however I can not do several of the exercises so I have adapted them as in press ups on knees, and power jacks i do the main move but miss out the jump once i just don't have the energy to do any more, but figure adapting the move has to be better than doing nothing. I can not do the video all the way through without stopping and I also tend to take an extra 10 to 20 secs water break just to get my breath back then press play again. I am doing the program slightly different as I only do it on a Mon, Wed, Fri and a Sat as on the other days I do a weight video from fitness blender and hoping to see some results.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just tried my first Insanity workout. I am sweating like crazy. I had to stop after 30 minutes of the Plyometric Cardio Circuit.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    yep! I just finished the first week and I wanted to give up almost everyday. It is hard, but so worth it after! If it helps at all, I hadn't exercised in about 5 months when I started the program and I was able to do it. Good luck!! :smile:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    THIS IS MY 2 OR 3RD ATTEMPT AT DOING INSANITY, I NEVER MADE IT PAST THE 1ST WEEK, MADE A TON OF EXCUSES, IM NOW AT 2ND WEEK AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT! IT IS HARD, BUT YOU FEEL THE CHANGE DAY BY DAY! I WOULD STICK TO IT, I READ SUCCESS STORIES AND PICTURES AND IT GETS ME SUPER EXCITED NOW TO FINSIH IT!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Some of these responses are answering questions in my own mind. I just ordered Insanity this morning and should have it in a few days. Now that I've ordered I'm freaking out because I'm scared that it will be too hard for me.

I'm scared to death, but a little excited too.