Building my support team

Options
Hi there –

My name is Kathrin and I joined about three weeks ago. So far I have lost about 20lbs but I want to lose another 150 and I need a support team to do that. Most of my friends don’t eat healthy so hope I can find some support here. I am in my mid-30s and live in Oakland, CA. I am afrocuban, queer, femme, politically active, am an operations professional at a global construction and engineering firm…pitbull lover.

So yeah, if you are also working to lose a significant amount of weight and want an accountability/motivation partner or support team, hit me up!

Kathrin

Replies

• merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking for lose 20-30 lbs. Fortunately, I've already lost 7 so...I'm on the roads towards it. Would love to have you as a friend if you are still looking. Will send a request!
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Adding both of you now!!!! Warning...I'm in BEAST MODE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hstratton79
    Options
    Hi!!!!!! my name is Heather and I so want to be on your support team. Im 33, almost 34 :), and Im 263 right now. I just started 2 weeks ago and not sure if Ive lost any weight yet. My first goal is to get 180, and then eventually 150. I know I can do it, but I do also know I need a support team of fellow people who have similar struggles as I do.

Little about me.... well I live in Livermore and Im a mom of 2 boys. My fiancé also has 2 boys, one of which is on his way to come live with us. Between our 4 boys we also have 2 of which have special needs. I own my own business doing hair in downtown Pleasanton. I currently am only working one day a week. SO not having time is NOT an excuse for me. I decided to sacrifice money for my health and to be mentally happy. Ive been a "big" girl since I can remember but really packed on weight when I injured my knee when I was on a competitive cheer team in high school.

Let's see some interesting facts about me

...Ive tried out for biggest loser the last 2 seasons and this past season I almost got on the show and at the very end they ended up not picking me. SHame on them :)

...I LOVE water!.... anything related to water and Im happy. Swimming, boating, the beach, aqua aerobics, swimming laps etc

...I love to dance and sing, probably not that good at either though or at least yet ;)

...I'm 1/2 Italian and the rest of me is a mutt lol
  • kathrinoutloud
    kathrinoutloud Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You and me both, mama!!! Just bought myself some resistance bands, new walking shoes and a salad dressing shaker with 6 healthy dressing recipes on the bottle!

I am going low carb (not quite no carb)....and high protein!
  • kathrinoutloud
    Options
    Heck yeah hstratton79...and if you ever want to meet half way on sundays to walk...I am so down!!!

I also recommend stepping on the scale and measuring yourself so you have a baseline! :-)
  • kathrinoutloud
    Options
    Heck yeah -- welcome to the team!!
  • Chocolatecookie84
    Chocolatecookie84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck for your goal, everyone needs motivation at some point. In my case at the weekends.

Katy