Quick and low cal desserts

Options
I am finally doing a big grocery day tomorrow and other then all the healthy stuff I want some quick and easy sweet snacks.

I plan to find the cheesecake recipe someone posted a bit ago. I also read weight watchers has stuff, can you buy that just in the store or is it something exclusive to them?

Ice Cream is also on the list. I know I can buy pretty much anything and just limit it but sometimes prepackaged is easier.

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• SandraMay1982
    Options
    I buy frozen berries. black berries, strawberries, raspberries and keep them in the freezer, you can either take them out in the morning and stick them in the fridge ready, or nuke them! and you don't have to worry that they're going to go off because you just take out what you need as you need them.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I actually like to buy fat free pudding cups and sugar free jello and then add ultra-low fat cool whip, it seems to satisfy my sweet tooth (and pretty low cal!). I also like after eights chocolates because they come in small portions that are loaded with flavour. If you are craving chocolate, try going with some of the high cocoa content products for extra flavour for your calories. Weight watchers cookbooks can be purchased online or at the book store (you don't need to be a member). I've been using the cookbook "cooking light" for my baking needs and have found the recipes to be delicious without loads of difficult to find ingredients. Oh-and you can buy weight watchers products at the grocery store too!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am in love with the Litehouse chocolate fruit dip! If I am craving chocolate I take a tablespoon of this and dip either strawberries or banana slices in it! YUM! Also I keep skinny cow ice cream in the house? Both the chocolate truffle and mint ice cream bars are great? I like almost all of the 100 calorie packs but there is a new one that is a chocolate dipped oreo bar! I have just recently discovered that I like rice cakes and my favorites are the chocolate and the blueberry pomegranate ones. The other night I mixed up some peanut butter 2 chocolate and had my 8 chocolate mini rice cakes with a little bit of my PB2 chocolate on each one. I was totally satisfied and it was just over a 100 calories. One other thing I really like are the fiber one, 90 calorie, peanut butter chocolate bars! Hope that helps.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Snacks that I get that are pretty quick are Fruits, Red Delicious Apples, Bananas, Oranges. My daughter likes those mandarian orange fruit cups. I like pineapple in water.

I get nuts Like Almonds and have those with the fruit so it makes more of a balance. Unsalted. Though they also sell a 100 calorie pack but I think those have salt.

Also check the natural food section for healthy snack crackers and grab some hummus
    I also get baby carrots
    Oatmeal
    Also unsalted sunflower nuts
    blueberries
    yogurts just check their ingredients.

Del Monte Fruit Chillers Freeze & Easy Tubes (not the cups those are loaded with crap and calories the tubes aren't so much)
    My daughter likes the 90 calories grain bars that have chocolate drizzle on them, usually found near or in the granola bar aisle

I mentioned the protein thing because my dietitian said it is always the best if you can have a fat/protein with a carb and most sweets are carbs. That way no spike of insulin in your body from mass simple carb intake and what your body can't use for insulin, it converts to fat on the body. So I have followed that.

teach me to read please! lol
    Posted about snack

For desert: Fresh Blueberries, Those Fruit Chillers Tubes, Pineapple, Baked Apples, Dark Chocolate and Banana slices, Cinnamon Oranges, Graham cracker sprinkled over roasted carrots (yes it's sweet and taste like a desert.) Low cal apple or berry crisps. That's about it, we don't do a lot of deserts here after dinner, so there's not a lot of them. Every once in awhile we splurge with Angel food cake cooked at home, not premade.
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    weight watchers has great sweet snacks
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar free vanilla ice cream in the freezer and add 1/2 cup thawed frozen raspberries on top (I use the ones that are sugar free) I sometimes add a little sugar free whip cream on top. Very yummy and helps me get past the dessert cravings.
  • bethanybclayton
    Options
    fruit...or sugar free jello
  • MissKaybug
    Options
    If you are into chocolate and ice cream ( lol who isn't, right?) try the Blue Bunny Premium Light Super Fudge! half cup only has 120 calories and it is marvelous!! Weight watchers has a lot of prepackaged stuff, some good, some not so good. But it is kinda cashy........I also like sugarfree jello and pudding with lite or free cool whip. Check the labels on the cool whip, I haven't bought any for awhile so i can't remember which one is better.

Good luck and happy shopping!!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Already mentioned, but I also like the sugar free pudding cups, including the sugar free dark chocolate mousse temptations... yummy!
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    smart ones have really great desserts that take 10 seconds. there around 160 cal. so their good for when you want to splurge on like abrownie with ice cream but without excessive calories. they come 2 in a pack
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches- mint chocolate is one of my faves and the strawberry shortcake is really good too. I definitely second the Smart Ones desserts- cookie sundae, brownie sundae, peanut butter sundae, mint chocolate sundae... so many options (even more than I listed) and they are all really good. Also, Jamba Juice makes a line of pops that are incredible- under 100 calories and many of them have no fat. My favorite is the strawberry vanilla. Yum!
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    "Molten Chocolate Protein Cake
    A delicious low calorie, low carb, high protein chocolate fix, that takes less than a minute to whip up! Perfect for a lazy snack, a diet-friendly dessert or a cravings busting sweet treat…
    Ingredients
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (whey protein or a protein blend works best- I like
    BSN Lean Dessert in Chocolate Fudge Pudding flavour)
    1 whole egg
    1 tsp raw cocoa
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp instant coffee
    Directions
    Combine ingredients with enough water to create a batter consistancy.
    Mix until smooth.
    Microwave for 50-60 seconds, until cooked around outside, with a raw, molten centre (Note: Err on the side of caution when microwaving- with protein powder recipes, a little undercooked tastes fine but a little overcooked tastes dry and horrible.)
    Devour immediately!
    Nutritional Info (will vary depending on your chocolate protein of choice)
    Calories: 211
    Protein: 27g
    Carbs: 8g
    Fat: 8g
    Using just the egg white will save you about 60 calories, but bear in mind that this will knock 10-20 seconds off the cooking time.
    If you can accomodate some extra calories, I highly recommend adding peanut butter, dark chocolate chips or a mashed banana (or all three) for extra yumminess!"
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Mwuahahaha you are asking the right person! I LOVE sweets and i have the biggest sweet tooth on earth and yet i manage to lose weight! Ha lolllllll

Here are my low cal best friends:

-Sugar free jello! Only 5 to 10 cal per portion! I always have some in my fridge!
    -Sugar free jello pudding cups, only 60 cal and they got all kinds of flavors like Dulce De leche, butterscotch, vanilla and tapioca
    - Satisfaction yogurt, that yogurt works like magic! It tricks your belly into being full, has fiber and its only 60 cals!!
    -Vitatops - You MUST try the deep chocolate one! Amazing and only 100 cal and good for ya!
    -Skinny Cow
    -Sugar Free frozen yogurt! (Check out your brands) Low cal and tastes sweet ..or you can always make your own ;) Stick a popsicle stick in one of your yogurt cups, freeze and voila!
    -Frozen bananas are the bomb!! Tastes just like ice cream :)
    - frozen fruits! i eat em just like that (frozen and out of the bag) My fav is the one with the pineapple, strawberries and peaches
    -All 100 cal packs are awesome

..hmm so im sure i forgot a few..but ill add more as i remember em haha

For weight watchers... girl its wayyyyy to pricey! I've tried em.. Some are good.. some are bad and sometimes its over 10 bucks and higher for a few bars. NOT WORTH IT! they are tiny, they don't fill you up and if you read the ingredient, its full of (sorry for the word..but *kitten*).

Hope it helps!