Can this really work for a newby

Options
Hi All

Just signed up on this last night with help from my sister who put me on to it. So far it looks good and i am hoping that i can keep up with the daily adding of food. My partner has also joined so it will make it easier for us to both do it. I have tried every diet you can think of and i hate that word "DIET" but of course it just come back on once i stop so I have put it into my head that this is not a diet its just a different way of eating. I have never counted calories before and after just having breakfast this morning it sure is an eye opener. Anyway just thought i would say Hi and see who is out there.

Cheers
Jason

Replies

• dawnee68
    dawnee68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Jay

Welcome to MFP and for the add! It really can work for you, be careful not just to watch your calorie intake but also fats and sodium. Sodium can really hang onto weight so try not to select processed and prepackaged foods which contain heaps. You will find that soon you will get a taste for fresh whole foods such as in season fruits and vegetable and fresh meats.

Good luck, keep us upto date with your journey and if you need a hand sing out as there are many friends here who are willing to lend a hand.

Dawn
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a wonderful site and everyone here is very supportive. The best advice I can give you is to log everything you eat - even if you have a bad day and go over. It will help you to really see what your putting into your body. Best of luck!!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It does work, the calories do keep you mindfull of how much you are eating, its not a diet, you have to change your lifestyle to make it permanate, it can work and it does!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Yes, this can work for you :smile: I agree...log everything you eat and drinks lots of water as well. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like some support :smile:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Everyone here was a newby once! It can work for you too! Welcome to the site, hope you like it as much as I have.:smile:
  • jayshay
    jayshay Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone - i love the support already. :-)