darn it! i felt so cute about myself all day today...

Options
and then i saw a picture. :( the outfit was totally not flattering.

Replies

• edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Been there! I think I look great when I look in the mirror but then I see pics and its like yuck! Keep up your hard work will pay off! Good luck!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    OMGosh! I thought I was the only one! Dontcha just hate that!:grumble:

We'll get there! :wink:
  • AlyssaC2010
    Options
    I hate when that happens! It always makes me feel crappy. I always try not to think about it, but its pretty hard. Hang in there though. Like someone before said, just keep on working towards your goal, you're doing well!
  • AuntMimi2010
    Options
    It's so weird how mirrors don't have the same "wow factor" as pictures. I just don't get it. I wore what I though was a cute and slightly out of the ordinary outfit today. Nobody said a word to me about how cute I looked. Total FAIL! Maybe when I'm slim, trim, and sexy, I'll get that reaction:)
  • Sonflower
    Options
    I just ignore the mirrors and go with the feeling I have in my heart and soul...
  • chrisylim
    chrisylim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    aww.. sorry to hear that you didn't feel the outfit was flattering.
    And pictures can't always tell the truth, by the way. Depends on how the picture is taken sometimes, we can look rather "bad". Pictures only capture ONE moment.. and if the light hits us differently, or we are at a bad angle, it just may not be representing the WHOLE truth?

What I'm glad to hear is that you FELT so cute all day. It's a nice feeling to feel cute. The chance is that your feeling of feeling cute probably made you shine more, and the happiness could have been infectious enough to have impacted someone positively---that's a good thought...
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just ignore the mirrors and go with the feeling I have in my heart and soul...

Loving yourself and Confidence about yourself is most of the battle (it's all mental). Getting to a healthier more fit "YOU" is just the reward. How can you expect to succeed if you can't love yourself every step of the way.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    The chance is that your feeling of feeling cute probably made you shine more, and the happiness could have been infectious enough to have impacted someone positively---that's a good thought...

that's a great thought. :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so now I can tell someone.............when I first lost my weight........or went down a size........or just bought and outfit..........I took a picture!!

Man there are some outfits that I could not get off FAST enough:laugh:

But there were also things I bought because they looked really cute.

I have even been known to walk out and ask a clerk......"HEY......what do you think of this? I mean if I was yoru mom/sister/auntie"