Bigger girls with tattoos.

Options
Planning to get my first tattoo in a few days time, have the quote and everything picked out. I want it on my rib, under my left breast, but I'm just a bit worried since all the girls I've seen with rib tattoos are skinny as hell. Will the tattoo still look alright if I'm a bit squishy around the rib area? I'm a US size 12 and an Australian size 16. I'm just worried it'll stretch and sag, but right under the breast/rib area doesn't stretch much does it?

search?um=1&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en&tbm=isch&q=under+breast+tattoo&spell=1&sa=X&ei=C_rVUeLdBaWXiAei0YHwCg&ved=0CDIQvwUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C256%3Bd%7CtsNuPqTdT0QyZM%3A

That's the location I was thinking. Not me obviously

Replies

• Slowqueen
    Slowqueen Posts: 12
    Options
    Image didnt work. But basically if you google "under breast tattoo" that's the location I was thinking. Sadly all the tattoo models are thin and fit so I don't really know what it'd look like on a bigger person
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight first then get it
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I have four tattoos, and got two of them at my highest weight. Getting a tattoo when and where I had a little extra bodyfat was a lot more comfortable!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on here with the username TattooedMuffin and she has some before and after pics with a side tattoo. You could look her up and be creepy and stuff.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My tattoos from before I lost weight blurred when I lost it. On my lower hip ( leg, not belly)

writing may blur especially bad, how much are you planning to lose?
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

what he said:)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting until I get closer to my goal weight to get my rib tattoo. All of my others weren't affected by weight gain or loss because of their location.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I got many of my tattoos while I was heavy. Two years ago I lost 50 pounds and they didnt look saggy or out of place. You will find that they tend to move around though as you shape up. Maybe wait until you lose the weight and give one to yourself as a present for losing the weight!
    I got one on my butt cheek to celebrate losing the weight and being able to wear skimpier clothing with my guy.
  • Slowqueen
    Options
    I have a hip tattoo in mind for when I lose the weight.
    This tattoo that I'm planing is celebrating something else, non weight related
  • Slowqueen
    Options
    I have a friend on here with the username TattooedMuffin and she has some before and after pics with a side tattoo. You could look her up and be creepy and stuff.

Being creepy is great
  • Slowqueen
    Options
    Oh and I'm only planning on losing another 15 - 20 pounds.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If that is you in your picture then I don't see the tattoo changing MUCH. Does't look like you have a lot to lose. However if you are still worried about it I would just wait. Better safe then sorry. :smile: Good luck.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oops edited I wouldnt call you a bigger girl your skin doesnt have that much to shrink
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I got a tattoo the back of my shoulder when I was 65 pounds heavier. It has not changed at all.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I am a nudist and have seen hundreds of tats. Loose the weight first.

www.aanr.com

Shirley
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options

Yes! For sure.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm only planning on losing another 15 - 20 pounds.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to make much of a difference, especially in the upper rib area. I got mine on my stomach, and after losing about 35 pounds, it's more on my hip bone :wink: but it hasn't changed shape, stretched, gotten blurry or anything.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    The mermaid on my arm still looks awesome. I got it four years ago and I weighed almost 250. *shrug*
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I say go for it!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

Being creepy is great

Ahahahaha. TattooedMuffin is probably going to get lots of FR & think WTF! After this post.