Heavy & Hard Weight Lifting > Cardio

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's like asking, "What's better, bacon or cheeseburgers?" when the obvious answer is "bacon cheeseburgers."

Let's stop making things "OR"...instead, let's embrace the awesomeness of AND :P

[insert commercial about sweet or sour chicken versus sweet and sour chicken]

So instead of cake or pie we should say cake AND pie?

This is worth some serious consideration.

Plus ice cream. Don't forget the ice cream.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's like asking, "What's better, bacon or cheeseburgers?" when the obvious answer is "bacon cheeseburgers."

Let's stop making things "OR"...instead, let's embrace the awesomeness of AND :P

YES. That would be so full of win!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options

YES. That would be so full of win!

IN!!!! For all of the above!
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I actually only wrote "jus sayin" to kind of start a debate =)

As for goals, everybody has different goals but I am assuming the majority of people on Myfitnesspal wants "look better". By looking better, I mean more muscle definition, less fat, etc. Now on the other hand, if you want to run faster, run longer, etc then obviously, running/jogging is what you'd want to do.

As for "studies to back me up", I don't believe in studies at all and only in personal testing and conclusions. Studies have an agenda and whoever provides these studies also have an agenda. I can provide tons of studies that will show how anaerobic weight lifting is and how catabolic running is but that's because I am the one pulling this up.

All I can say is, look at people who do marathon running and look at people who do crossfit. For the most part, I can say that the majority of people would rather look like a cross-fitter.
    People that do cross fit are typically not that impressive looking. If you want to see perfect bodies look at bodybuilders. If you want to see some powerful bearmode bodies look at powerlifters. When I see a cross fitter I might think "oh, he/she's in decent shape." but they still look sort of average to me.

Jus sayin!

ahh, good to know I'm "not that impressive looking" "in decent shape" and "average". I almost thought I had something going for myself. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.

But yes, lets embrace the "AND". Like Bacon and eggs, or coffee and cream = )
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I actually only wrote "jus sayin" to kind of start a debate =)

As for goals, everybody has different goals but I am assuming the majority of people on Myfitnesspal wants "look better". By looking better, I mean more muscle definition, less fat, etc. Now on the other hand, if you want to run faster, run longer, etc then obviously, running/jogging is what you'd want to do.

As for "studies to back me up", I don't believe in studies at all and only in personal testing and conclusions. Studies have an agenda and whoever provides these studies also have an agenda. I can provide tons of studies that will show how anaerobic weight lifting is and how catabolic running is but that's because I am the one pulling this up.

All I can say is, look at people who do marathon running and look at people who do crossfit. For the most part, I can say that the majority of people would rather look like a cross-fitter.
    People that do cross fit are typically not that impressive looking. If you want to see perfect bodies look at bodybuilders. If you want to see some powerful bearmode bodies look at powerlifters. When I see a cross fitter I might think "oh, he/she's in decent shape." but they still look sort of average to me.

Jus sayin!

bull

jus sayin.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Jus sayin!

Wow, that's the first time I have ever read a post like this on MFP.

Why haven't we ever had this discussion before?

I know, I am bloody gobsmacked at the ingenuity of it all.

(and I do not get gobsmacked very often, I can assure you, this is a new experience for me!) :indifferent:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    in... for cake!

c7aedff3-1415-4c01-8375-e397cd5dedce-e1308840634857.jpg

...and cardio and weightlifting and crossfit and whatever else floats anyone's boat when it comes to exercise.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    july-4th-flag-cake.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    4thcake-1.jpg
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    In to see if I can learn anything new. And to be the first to mention Pop Tarts.

557x286.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    In to see if I can learn anything new. And to be the first to mention Pop Tarts.

557x286.jpg

did somebody say tarts? :wink:

fruit-tarts.jpg
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    july-4th-flag-cake.jpg

I want this cake so badly.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    in... for cake!

c7aedff3-1415-4c01-8375-e397cd5dedce-e1308840634857.jpg

...and cardio and weightlifting and crossfit and whatever else floats anyone's boat when it comes to exercise.

And this cake too, but the other one moreso.

Somebody GIVE IT TO ME!
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stop being mean to the OP, he's kinda hot.

Don't worry OP, I'll protect you.
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Jus sayin!

Wow, that's the first time I have ever read a post like this on MFP.

Why haven't we ever had this discussion before?

I know, I am bloody gobsmacked at the ingenuity of it all.

(and I do not get gobsmacked very often, I can assure you, this is a new experience for me!) :indifferent:

"Gobsmacked."
  • udt123
    udt123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Was going to engorge myself in american-flag-styled cake from getting bullied but now I feel better =)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Plus ice cream. Don't forget the ice cream.

In for cake and pie and ice cream. Add pop tarts and I'll never leave.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I just finished watching an episode of Wipe Out where they had "Brawns" (bodybuilders) VS "Brains" (computer nerds). All but one of the BB were eliminated in the first round, and the final guy was knocked out quickly in the second round. They were terrible at the obstacle course.

Perhaps a little moderation is the key? Take a little time away from the heavy weights to do some running and flexibility exercises?

just sayin..
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I just finished watching an episode of Wipe Out where they had "Brawns" (bodybuilders) VS "Brains" (computer nerds). All but one of the BB were eliminated in the first round, and the final guy was knocked out quickly in the second round. They were terrible at the obstacle course.

Perhaps a little moderation is the key? Take a little time away from the heavy weights to do some running and flexibility exercises?

just sayin..

The things you learn from Wipe Out, eh?
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options

557x286.jpg

did somebody say tarts? :wink:

fruit-tarts.jpg

I think I found a new love. Right after McDonald's fries and half-baked ice cream.