Whoops

Options
I had a medium cookie dough blizzard today.... I'd been craving one for months and I finally caved on the holiday. But I just found out its 1020 calories! :0 that's crazy! should I just not eat dinner now? Or what? Because now I'm 600 calories over my daily limit! And I don't have free time to burn all those calories. Help,

Replies

• ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to have fruit for the rest of the day. And maybe eat really clean tomorrow!
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner (if you're hungry).
    If you try to skip it, you'll either binge really badly (especially with all of the 4th of July goodies floating around) or you'll wake up starving tomorrow and binge again.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Have a sensible, nutritious dinner, and move on. Tomorrow's a new day. Chalk it up as a lesson learned; you can plan for one (or a small :P) next time :)
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just cut a few calories the rest of the week to make it up. Some days you go over and some days you don't, if you watch it, it evens out in the end.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd have a salad with a few ounces of "lean meat" or fish on it - maybe 250 or 300 extra calories. The protein and fiber will help you not be ravenous tomorrow morning. Beyond that, just eat a little lighter for a few days if you can. One oops won't derail your program unless you let it.
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    You are 600 calories over your goal? Its a holiday. I wouldn't worry about it. It takes 3500 calories to gain one pound, and your probably eating at a deficit. Just don't do it way too often and you'll be fine.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you just fueled up for an extra tough work out tomorrow morning.
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You are 600 calories over your goal? Its a holiday. I wouldn't worry about it. It takes 3500 calories to gain one pound, and your probably eating at a deficit. Just don't do it way too often and you'll be fine.

Agreed. One blizzard wont be visible on the scale, mirror, or measurements.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Go out and burn some calories!
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    Go and have some dinner. You are only human, you need to treat yourself every once in a while. In the long run those 600 calories won't make a difference.