Going Over

Options
jxj7227
jxj7227 Posts: 22 Member
Hey guys! I just wanted to make sure if going a bit over one day is okay? I worked so hard this week to avoid sugar but I ate candy today and I feel horrible. I went over about 100 cals because of it! I want to get back on track and this is my first week doing it and im already under the pressure. Just needed to vent. Thanks!

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It's fine. You're only 100 calories over it won't make too much of a difference.
  • nbalan71
    nbalan71 Posts: 4
    Options
    Dont feel bad we all have to battle sugar.. I ate a piece of oreo ice cream cake today.. I know it was not good, but tomorrow is a new day and its the 4th of July. :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    It won't make ANY difference. You're going to make 200+ calories a day in errors. None of this is exact, unless you weigh every single thing that goes into your mouth for the rest of your life. Even labels have up to 10% error rates. That can add up to several hundred calories a day. Don't get all caught up in exact numbers. There's no such thing.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    100 calories over is not that much. Don't worry about it. This is a long term eating program that you want to be successful at for a long time. No one is perfect and it happens to most of us. Baby steps and take one day at a time.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    True, nothing to do with calories in or out is exact. It's a rough estimate.

Eat 100 calories less tomorrow or 50 less over the next couple of days or your other options are go get some extra exercise to counter-act it or forget it ever happened since it's really a very insignificant amount you went over anyway.

Main thing is to remember that you don't need to panic. This is a long term thing you are doing and slow and steady with some treats now and then wins the race!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    do 50 push ups problem solved :)
  • jxj7227
    jxj7227 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys so much for the support and great advice! So glad I have yall! :flowerforyou: