Never Dieted before but always wanted to

Options
Hi all.
i am really looking forward to trying this diet out. have been using it now for 3 days.

friends of mine have said to me for years that i need to lose weight but i have never before really looked into it. before now i have thought it too much hard work to look on every packet for info on calories. now i have bought a new phone and have found this app and downloaded it. WOW its so easy to use!!

my weight goal is to lose around 56lbs
my bmi is around 35 (i havent weighed myself properly yet as need to buy new scales). that makes me officially obese :/ .

hey guys ... not for long :-D .

Replies

• LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I too have the app and it makes life so much easier to track on-the-go!! I think without the app I wouldn't be able to keep track, would forget the "snacks" and would probably have just gone through another fad. Find "friends" here with similar goals and they will help support you along the way.
    This is my third week and I finding it fantastic.. It's also sensible and just raises awareness and I think I'm eating more!
    I wish you every success on your journey
  • quqdk
    quqdk Posts: 1
    Options
    Yeah,
    Good luck m8,

I just joined a week ago, and I think its actually rather easy to keep track here, especially on my android phone.
    and look I've already lost a few kg - (havent weighed meself in a few days, but I surpose Ive lost a kg more...) :D

But god luck m8 :D
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have tried to look at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. I know that I can not eat like I used to, because then I'd just gain all the weight back. I couldn't face life if I had to 'diet' all the time ... from experience, that doesn't work for me. On the other hand, knowing that I can eat anything I want, just in moderation, means that I can keep eating like this the rest of my life.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • ByTheBeach
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! This site is very motivating and really wonderful! I find it so helpful to talk to people about weight loss and logging my calories actually keeps me accountable.
    I hope you find this site as helpful as I do!!
  • lsiberian
    Options
    This is a great tool whether you are dieting or not. Just keep track of your calories the best you can. Remember to eat fruit instead of candy, lean meat instead of fat meat and whole wheat instead of enriched. Those 3 steps will dramatically help you to meet your nutritional requirements while remaining below your calorie count.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have tried to look at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. I know that I can not eat like I used to, because then I'd just gain all the weight back. I couldn't face life if I had to 'diet' all the time ... from experience, that doesn't work for me. On the other hand, knowing that I can eat anything I want, just in moderation, means that I can keep eating like this the rest of my life.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Agree with this... a diet has an ending.... changing the way you eat is forever and it still allows for some small slip ups.