New rules of lifting 4 women stories plz

Options
I apologise if this has allready been done I couldn't find a thread but if there is one feel free to point me in the right direction :-)
I'm just starting new rules for women and am looking for some success stories. I'm a little scepticle as to weather its going to work out as the calorie intake recommended in the book is pretty high compared to what ive been on before. And the workouts seam very short :-/
I'm hoping to really get toned up and fill my newly found loose skin with some muscle lol. Also did new rules work for you for reducing body fat as there is still a bit of fat i want to get off.
Thanks

Replies

• samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    OK I've been doing it for 4 weeks now and I would really recommend it. I don't do the food bit (I'm veggie) but I eat about 1800 cals a day (give or take) which I reckon is about 200 cals less than I burn (give or take) - my body fat ratio has dropped, so have my hip measurements (by about 5 cm) and my abs have got loads harder and stronger....I'm a middle aged mum with two children and you can see the muscles on my tummy - if I didn't have such wicked stretch marks I'd be tootling around in a bikini...I agree the workouts do seem short but they work so who cares!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've just started reading it.... Can't wait to start but it seems its taken me ages to read!
  • leahslooloo
    Options
    Took me 2 days to read lol
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Took me 2 days to read lol

think its taken longer as am reading it on my phone so i can't look at it for to long, Like half way through atm gonna try and get it done by tomorrow .... Am a bit nervous aswell to eat so many calories .....
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ive just started reading it too so curious about how others have got on with it.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    there are loads of women on here that have succeeded from doing a heavy lifting program and eating more. I'm currently doing that (stronglifts 5x5, which is the same basic idea as new rules of lifting for women) and doing well. I'm sure many of the other women doing this kind of thing will post their success stories before long.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ this is a success story of one woman, who actually got heavier but ended up slimmer from doing heavy lifting plus eating more
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1020971-stage-one-results

This is me, before and after stage 1 of new rules. I ate 1600 on non lift days and 1900 on lift days. The grainy profile picture is me now, with another 3 weeks of lifting after stage 1.

I enjoyed the program and I enjoyed eating more food.
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    There is a board dedicated to NROL4W.

New Rules of Lifting For Women (NROL4W)

From community, click on Groups (on my screen, this is just below FOOD). Search for it and then join it!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I did the program, I did not do the food exactly because I could not eat many of the foods in their plans due to my celiac disease. However I would say honestly this book changed my life, I did the whole program and lots of inches, I mean insane amount of inches. I now love lifting and just started 5x5.

I joined MFP after I had already done New Rules and now have a different handle on the right nutrition balance thanks to my amazing friend who was a great guidance for me in my macro levels and dropped more inches when I thought I had lost as much as I could.

I have started 5x5 to push my body again and tone even more.
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I started with NROLFW - loved the way the book was written and I really liked the explanations of the science of lifting. If you like detailed information about weightlifting, form, bio-mechanics of lifting, check out Mark Ripptoe's 'Starting Strength'.

I didn't follow the NROLFW diet but I did complete phases 1-3. Eventually however, I found that the phases were over complicated so I switched to the much more straightforward Stronglifts 5x5. That said, I think that New Rules is a great introduction to lifting and can build confidence in the gym.

Check out the forum, there is a lot of good information on it...
  • EyeBite
    EyeBite Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started NRWL4W yesterday morning and so far it's ok. I think it will get better the more I start to feel comfortable. I would like to keep up with someone but the group made up for this is dead!

It's encouraging to hear all the different results. Would be even better to have pictures. I took pictures for day 1 and hopefully I can maintain pictures for day 30 and 60.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!