Flying NSV (pics) and first goal reached!

Options
This week I flew on an internal European flight in economy with British Airways, not known for their generous seat belt length or seat pitch and for the first time in several years, I didn't need to embarass myself by asking for an extension belt which was one of my main goals. Note a few inches of spare belt!!

IMG_20130702_095753.jpg

in addition, when I let the tray down from the seat back in front of me, it no longer sits at 45 degrees on my belly (which meant I had to avoid having a meal in the past, trying to balance a tray was again just too embarassing) in fact I had a small gap!

IMG_20130702_095912.jpg

Oh I still have a long way to go but it is the little things like this that make the journey so worthwhile and are tremendously motivating, I've had a big smile on my face all week :bigsmile:

Replies

• justlynzo
    justlynzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome victory. Congratulations!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :drinker:
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    That's the best NSV I've read about so far this month! Way to go!!! You are doing very well!!!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    fantastic progress!!
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Very cool. Well done. :happy:
  • tanyadolan1
    tanyadolan1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well done....That is brilliant. It is all these little things that keeps us motivated...Keep it up
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...Each success counts...Keep up the hard work
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Amazing post and brilliant visualisation!! This is amazing!!! Well done you!! This to the little things in life! :drinker:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful! great job! I too took a couple pictures when I could fasten the seatbelt on a plane without a) not being able to breathe b) with being able to pull to make it tighter! such a GREAT feeling!!! you should be so proud of yourself, keep up the good work!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    THIS IS SOOOOOO

AWESOME

:heart: :drinker: :love: :glasses:

SERIOUSLY- GREAT JOB

sorry for all of the shouting caps but I am really pleased for you these are both very big deals- I fly next week and both of these are my concerns (I did fly ryan air in January and the seat belt fit, but I think that was somehow just luck)

I really understand what big deals these are- Keep up the good work!
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really do know how you feel. I flew B.A a few years ago and really struggled with the seat belt and tray,However, last year flying to USA was a similar story to yours. Congratulations.
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I remember clearly the first time I realised I need an extension belt. I was horrified.

Congrats on a great NSV!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Millouthelion
    Options
    Congrats !!!!!! :)
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! Congrats!!! :)
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Life becoming normal is a great feeling, good for you and more power going forward, very well done :happy:
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! I bet it feels great! :)
  • danielhutchins
    danielhutchins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's great, keep up the awesome work!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! What a great feeling! I am so happy for you!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,249 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! What a great NSV...keep up the awesome work.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    That's fantastic! Enjoy the heck out of this NSV and the hundreds more to come!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!