Should I eat back burnt calories if i am overweight?

Options
Hello!
When I started my exercise programme someone told me that to lose those eight pounds without which I would be within the range of normal BMI, I should NOT eat back the calories I burn during exercise. I do cardio 6 days a week, burning between 350 and 700 calories a day. Should I eat them back or not? i do not feel dizziness or hunger as it is, but perhaps not eating them back is affecting my (non-existing...) weight loss. Any help? :)

Replies

• NathanRx
    NathanRx Posts: 4
    Options
    It all depends on your diet, because if your eating 1500 kcal but burning 500kcal then this isn't healthy at all, because per day you have to net at least 1200kcal to stay healthy, so if your net daily kcal count is below 1200 then you should be eating some of it back to match this, sorry if its confusing
  • JamesDanek
    JamesDanek Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you are eating.

If you are already eating a deficit before the exercise calories then you should eat them back otherwise you are starving yourself.

If you eating at maintenance then the exercise is creating the deficit which (i find) is the healthiest way to loose weight.

Check your MFP settings. if your goal is set to weight loss then eat the calories back.
  • Sweden95
    Sweden95 Posts: 7
    Options
    Okay! Thank you!