Daft question about weights

If you hold a dumbbell in each hand when you exercise, do you log it as the combined weight of the two dumbbells? Or is it just the weight of each one?

In other words if I exercise with a 5kg weight in each hand, do I record it as 5kg? Or 10kg?

:embarassed:

Replies

• FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Log 10kg ... otherwise itd be "bicep curl, right arm, 5 kg, 20 reps" which is just more work typing lol
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    I record it as 2x5 kg, 2x10 kg, etc. It makes no odds how you record it so long as you always put it down the same way and you see progress.

Incidentally, if you are talking about recording your strength training in MFP under Strength Training, those notes are just for your records so you can see what you did last session. They don't factor into your daily calorie allowances. IF you want your strength training to count, you need to log it under Cardiovascular as Strength Training or Calisthenics.
  • Thanks for the replies. I've just started doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women & am logging for my own progress really. The example I was thinking of was last night when I was doing step ups with a dumbbell in each hand - wasn't sure if I was lifting 10kg or 5kg if you see what I mean?

Whatever the answer, I'm going heavier next time.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Log 10kg ... otherwise itd be "bicep curl, right arm, 5 kg, 20 reps" which is just more work typing lol

This simple :)