any cops around or people with advice

Options
2»

Replies

• TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but if there is a legal option for you to carry a concealed handgun, you should look into it. I would highly suggest taking a concealed carry / defensive shooting training course and then obtain the proper permit from your local governing body. It may save your life, scary as it may sound now..
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    thank you all of you. i have my brother in law and his gf moving in with me and my hubby. we are going to home depo to get a chain lock and security alarm. fortunately my gym offers defense classes by one retired cop whos worked out there for years. also my local ups has pepper spray for around 10-15 bucks. also buying some heavy curtains for my apartment
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not only will the restraining order(protection order) be a good idea for a paper trail, also journal any contact. Also talk to your local law enforcement for documentation purposes. Not only does this give you more of a paper trail it will allow them to be familiar with you and your situation and maybe better prepared should heaven forbid something happen. Find out from them what your options are, what your local laws are etc. Educate yourself, your friends, your family. Good Luck!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    thank you all of you. i have my brother in law and his gf moving in with me and my hubby. we are going to home depo to get a chain lock and security alarm. fortunately my gym offers defense classes by one retired cop whos worked out there for years. also my local ups has pepper spray for around 10-15 bucks. also buying some heavy curtains for my apartment

Wait you are married, and he knows this and still stalking you?

Reminds me of this story from a lady in Galveston,Texas. She had a stalker for 2 years and he tried to grab here a couple of times, even though she had a restraining order against him. She finally left here door open one day and he tried to check on her, she emptied a clip on his torso. Extreme solution but she got to walk thanks to Texas law.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Call the cops. IMMEDIATELY. Let your neighbors etc know about him. Try and get a restraining order. Basically, let as many people as you can know about him and make sure he knows that others know about him. This way he will think many times before doing anything... stupid.

Stay safe please.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Everything that has already been said + try to get a picture of him off facebook or something. Then take this picture to your neighbours telling them that he is stalking you, is dangerous and they need to call the police immediately if they see him anywhere near your house. Tell neighbourhood watch as well, if your neighbourhood has it.
    Neighbours are great guards..

Also let your friends/family know and show them the picture, so they can keep an eye out with you when you are out and about.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above. Good luck!!!!