Yesterday was a huge achievement and my bra held up!! :)

Options
Porcelaine22
Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
Hello all!!

I am Elaine and I am very pleased with myself this wet and windy Monday morning at work because yesterday I ran my first official 5K at Race for Life and managed it in a personal best time of 37 minutes and 35 seconds.... :)

Still have miles to go on my weight loss and fitness journey but I can safely say I am the most dedicated and motivated I have ever been and cannot wait to see my body changing, improving and my health and fitness doing the same. One day I will have abs to be proud of and I am not afraid to set myself that (at the moment)very distant goal!! Thank you all so much for the undying support you have shown me!

Start weight.... 212lbs.......

21a75efd.jpg

Current weight after completing yesterday's 5K.... 188lbs! :)

bf7dfdc0-f880-42b3-999d-a53ca91b06c2_zps5e33b4be.jpg

e7aab16d-55c1-452c-9c32-f5f82ed8747c_zps062d4b32.jpg

Goal weight and goal fitness a long way off... but progress is here!! :)

Please feel free to add me!!

xx

Replies

• Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Great job on your run! I love your new pics. What a beautiful face! And other things...:love:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Sooo very exciting!!! You look amazing and I'm so happy for you.
    Not to mention it was all good for "the girls" on your run!

:happy:
  • ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options
    Great job on your run AND your progress thus far!!
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    Great job on your run! I love your new pics. What a beautiful face! And other things...:love:

Haha! And other things.... :) aww thanks so much you are soo kind :) !!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You're amazing and I totally understand running, bras, and big boobs! I have run all my life and only in the past ten years have bras become available to help the better endowed :) - We used to have to tape. Some serious girls I know still do. Congratulations and look absolutely gorgeous!
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! You are doing great and look fantastic as well :-)
  • JKS76
    JKS76 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Your'e totally gorgeous! And now you are getting healthy too. xxx Ps. I am doing a 5 k in 2 weeks and I have never run more than 10 minutes before this past couple of weeks so I am well impressed with your 37 minute finish time!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    wow great job
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    Sooo very exciting!!! You look amazing and I'm so happy for you.
    Not to mention it was all good for "the girls" on your run!

:happy:

Thank you so much!! Yeah the girls are kept pretty under control with some mean double-bra-ing!! :happy:
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    Great job on your run AND your progress thus far!!

Thank you SO much!! :smooched:
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    You're amazing and I totally understand running, bras, and big boobs! I have run all my life and only in the past ten years have bras become available to help the better endowed :) - We used to have to tape. Some serious girls I know still do. Congratulations and look absolutely gorgeous!

:flowerforyou: :blushing: aw you have me totally blushing!! Thank you so much! Running is something I am not really built for at the moment... maybe never will be if these girls never shrink with my weightloss!! But its been so good having a goal and something to work for! I always said one of those clingfilm/foodwrap stlye machines they wrap luggage in at airports would be ideal to keep the puppies at bay while running!! :laugh:
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    What an accomplishment! You are doing great and look fantastic as well :-)

You are lovely!! Thanks so much!!:smile:
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    Your'e totally gorgeous! And now you are getting healthy too. xxx Ps. I am doing a 5 k in 2 weeks and I have never run more than 10 minutes before this past couple of weeks so I am well impressed with your 37 minute finish time!

awwwwww!! You are soo nice! I am grinning from ear to ear right now!! :happy: xxx! Your 5K will be just fine, just give yourself a little bit of time running say maybe 3K a few times before the race and build up! Youll be fab!! :wink:
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    wow great job

Thank you!!!!
  • Graham_077
    Graham_077 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The clingfilm machine comment actually made me laugh out loud.

The progress you have made so far is excellent. Love to see before and actual picture as impressive as yours.
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Very exciting to see your progress!! I hope to do an official 5k later this year when it cools down here. You're an inspiration, thanks for sharing!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 10K next? =o]
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your lovely responses!! x :flowerforyou:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats! Running for a larger busted girl is so much of a bigger deal that people realize. You need bra that holds up or you get sore armpits! I still get nervous doing jumping jacks because I'm afraid of smacking myself in the face! What bra did you wear by the way? I love the Champion ones.
  • sarahellenx
    Options
    you look FABULOUS - well done well done well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!