What is healthier??

Options
I'm going out for lunch today with work colleagues to a pub that specializes in pies.

I know there are probably a lot of calories in a pot pie, would it be better to have scampi and chips or is that just as bad?

Here is the menu: www.victorianpub.co.uk

Please let me know what you think would be best?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    If they specialize and they have a good rep, I would be all over the pie's.........how many times do you eat pie's a week or a month?
  • sarahellenx
    Options
    get whatever you fancy, just dont over do it? little bit of moderation? you got this. :)
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i'd go for the pie as it's most likely a top crust only. if it's pastry all the way round you can always leave the bottom pastry, or have none of the pastry at all (though pastry is awesome)
    also, probably better nutrients in the pie than scampi and chips.
    either that or just have what you actually want factor whatever you have into your calories - do extra exercise this evening or something.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    We have it once a month - we call it Pay Day Pie Day :bigsmile:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go :P
  • AnnabellaMiniJarv
    AnnabellaMiniJarv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I thought about having scampi and chips the other day in a pub but the pub had the calories next to the food... turned out the scampi and chips had over 1000 calories! so i had a grilled chicken and salad sweet chili wrap with a side salad :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Heck yea, Pay Day Pie Day! I really need to institute that here!
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Haha definitely motivates the troops :wink:

I think I will have Ham Hock and Pea pie with a salad and no chips :smile: thank you all for your input! :drinker: