From anorexic to fit

Options
Hi there!
My name is Emma, and I'm going to prom in 147 days, and by then I'm going to be the best version of myself, I've been.
I've always been more or less overweight. 2 years ago I went to a gymnastics boardingschool, and I got obsessed with losing weight. Therefore I stopped eating, and it got so bad, that my teachers and the school board, threatned with kicking me out.
I'd lost 35 pounds over 3 ½ months, and they forced me to start eating again. I got diagnosed with an eating disorder.
I gained weight, but didn't get obese. That happened, when I went to high school. Slowly I gained more and more weight, and currently I'm at 220 pounds, which is my very highest and I feel terrible.
I'm going to get fit, not sick, and I'm going to wear a tight, formfitted, deep red dress at prom, which my sister designed.
I'm 19 years old, and I'm never, ever going to look like this again.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Glad you're doing well on recovery. For reference read the story of fitness competitor Andrea Pasutti. She is a recovered anorexic herself.
  • SmallestGoal
    SmallestGoal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, Emma. Good luck! I hope you're still seeing someone, a therapist or counselor? Losing weight is very dangerous for someone with a history of disordered eating. No matter how good your intentions, it's like a recovered alcoholic having wine with dinner -- tricky enough, but extremely perilous if attempted alone.

(Also, call me a child of the early internet days when your parents swore that everyone online was a 40-y/o lecher waiting to kidnap you, but is your user name your real name? You may want to consider changing it, just in case you don't want friends/family/future employers Googling you and finding out what you had for dinner last night.)
  • fitinthisdress
    Options
    Thank you so much, I'll look up Andrea Pasutti!

Yes, I'm still seing a therapist, mostly because of bipolar disorder, but we talk about food as well. And thank you for the heads up, my username has now been changed!
  • Colliey
    Colliey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think your new username is now a perfect fit.