My Turning Point - Work in Progress :)

Options
maQmIgh
maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
I was looking through some photos from a couple of years ago, and stumbled across the photo of me that shocked me into wanting to change for the better.
I realised when I saw this picture that I had almost turned into my mother over night. I hadn't noticed the weight sneaking up on me (and no one told me that they noticed it either).

OldTrafford_zps22007077.jpg

See

Mum_zps223ab2f0.jpg

Here is my weight loss so far :) (still a work in progress)

IMG_1267_zps383e1944.jpg
IMG_1266_zps6cef5a15.jpg

Only 24 pounds left to go :D Whoop Whoop

Replies

• DonnaC1986
    DonnaC1986 Posts: 10
    Options
    Well Done. Your doing Brilliantly keep up the good work. :smile:
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Incredible! No one told you then, but I'll bet they're telling you now how great you look.
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    About a third of my friends/family have asked if I've lost weight, the other two thirds either haven't noticed, or decided not to mention it... i think that's why I've got deflated in the past :) ... but since I started chatting on here, I've looked at all the old photos so I can show myself that I'm not alone and that a lot of you guys are in the same boat as me.... This has shown me all the positive I have done, and improves the will power to continue :D
  • jeannetrego
    Options
    Unlike everyone else, I Trying to gain weight, after prolonged illness, major surgery, and steady weight loss (1 lb/day). This site has given me the necessary information to slowly (and safely) gain weight. My diet plan still needs adjustments (too much sugar/too much sodium) but my success story so far is I went from 102 to 106 today.

It is so important to get all of your nutrients. I just discover the page which allows you to determine if you are getting enough Vitamins and Minerals. I have to make adjustments here also.

Jeanne
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    Congratulations Jeanne on the weight gain :) xxx

Its all good as long as its in the right direction :)
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You're doing a brilliant job, if there are people in your real life that won't tell you then we will here, keep it up and I would love to see your progress when you've hit the next 20 or so that you want to lose :drinker:
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    Thanks Jimmy,

I will definitely stick more on as I lose :)

I remember when I first saw the first picture I asked the boyfriend how he could let me go out of the house in that top with out telling me something... He said "because you look fine to me" aaawww, how sweet :) ... shame my self esteem didn't feel the same lol
  • Noiram55
    Noiram55 Posts: 43
    Options
    Congrats for your achievement. When I lost 16 lbs of the 20 I needed to lose, the only person who noticed and said something was my beautician, who I see every six weeks. When I slowly and gradually put back on 10 lbs still nobody said anything. I am now working on reducing those 10 lbs, and then the other 4 lbs, and see if people notice then. But who cares as long as we achieve our target and can wear a smaller size. :love: :love:
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Really, really well done. It's funny how these things creep up on you! But you completely turned it around!

BTW, greatest street in the greatest city for you to be standing on ;)
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    Next to the greatest Football Ground :love:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the good work!
  • CaroleNev
    CaroleNev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats you're doing a great job.

I feel like I turned into my mother in more ways than one. As they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My mom knows I've lost weight but has not commented on it. I needed a white dress for church and when I tried it on to show her she said, "You've really lost a lot of weight!"

It's always nice when you get the compliment, but as long as you know your making progress the compliment will eventually come.

Best wishes as you continue on your journey. By the way, you have great legs!
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    LOL, Thanks Carole... I am quite proud of my pins :D

I should take turning into my mother as a positive thing as its good for my memories (My mother died from a Malignant Melanoma when I was 16)... I have a lot of my mother in me... i just don't want her figure lmao.

Many Thanks to everyone for all the lovely comments :flowerforyou:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a big difference, way to go!!!
  • jeannetrego
    Options
    Thanks for your message to me in July. I'm stilll gaining, from 102 to 110 on Aug 4. I can't have dairy or red meat and I believe it is too march dairy that causes weight gain, yet we need calcium. How are you progressing on your weight loss? Jeanne
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!