Juicing

Options
USA2007
USA2007 Posts: 18 Member
So last night, I watched knives over forks, fat, sick and nearly dead and another documentary about dieting. All seemed to be proponents of whole, plant based diets, clean eating, and one even went so far as to insinuate meat was killing people. I'm not giving up meat, lol... I do think that fruits and veggies need to be a bigger part of my diet and that I need to start relying on less processed and convenience foods. The idea of juicing intrigues me. I don't think I could do a long term ( 30-60 day) fast like they were doing for the documentary, but I'm also not 200 pounds overweight. I like the idea supplementing with juicing, or maybe doing a 7 day fast if I hit another plateau. Anyone have any experience with juicing? I have no idea where to even start, I've never even tried it...

Replies

• snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    I just posted a reply to another thread called "Juicing", in which I shared my experience. Overall, I love it and have had a positive experience with it. If you like, try searching "juicing" on the forums to find that reply.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't rely on juice as my sole nutrition intake for any length of time. I do think juice is a great addition to a good diet though.

You lack a lot of nutrients when you juice fast. It's not required. The move was extreme and the results could be seen with any other diet as well when properly controlled.

I have a juicer and do juice almost daily. My husband takes a juice to work with him as a snack and I have one a day as a snack or as a meal when I'm not super hungry for a normal meal.
  • reesha35
    reesha35 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I juiced from April 1-10 2013, and it was tough but well worth it. Keep in mind that it is a detox as well. I did lose 20 lbs. and gained 8lbs. back because I did not transition properly back to whole foods. I should have started with all veggies and weaned myself back on to meat etc... But I am gonna juice again in September. It is expensive, but I did not juice alone. My prayer partner and I juiced together and that was very helpful. She helped to motivate me, and as a matter of fact she gave me my juicer and she introduced juicing to me. Also, we were using organic fruit and veggies and you have to drink half of your body weight in ounces of the water and juice. If and when you try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.! :flowerforyou:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    You're better off just eating the fruits and vegetables. Juicing removes the healthy part of the fruit. You might as well dump some sugar into a glass of water and crush up some vitamins into it.