Which would be better?

Options
What would be a better purchase: resistance bands/tubes/cords or a kettle bell??? It seems like the cords have more workouts you can do, but the bell might give more upper body strength.

I could get both, eventually. But which to start?

Replies

• fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you are a beginner, I recommend the bands. Go with the strongest.

I peronally have slowly accumulated hand weights, an ankle weight and a fit ball. I also have the bands as well, but if you already lift the bands aren't enough. I don't have a ketteball, but that is because I have a bad shoulder and swinging a weight no a good idea.
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebells. I tried the bands a few times but was never nuts about them - it didn't feel like I was working my arms as much as I do with the bells.
  • Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    if you travel a lot, consider bands. it's easier to fit a band than a kettlebell into your luggage
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    are you a beginner? i bought a kettlebell a few weeks ago but don't find it particularly comfortable and I can't use it in a lot of video workouts in the same way I can use dumbells. I haven't found a kettlebell workout I like yet so it's sitting there largely unused.

Cords can be picked up and used any time any place and yeah, great for travelling with!
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    Kettlebell without a doubt. I have bands, tubes, ropes and bells for my home workouts. I use bells all the time. They will take time to learn to use, but there is a lot of information and tutorials available on the net and bells are a fantastic fat burning, conditioning and muscle building tool!

Check out my fav web site for bells www.myomytv.com
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't used kettlebells, but have used bands and they can provide you with a really good work out, upper and lower body, if you have enough tension on them. Now that I think about it, I don't have a set of bands... I think I'm going to go pick some up and take them to the cottage so I can do them there! Thanks for the inspiration! :happy: