LOW CARBBING IT - Sept 1st

Options
I found a low carb group of [people on here but can't find them now so maybe i can this way of find some others that would like to be friends on here and do low carb with me. I also don't know how to get response or to the responses lol. I'm still new to the sight. I hope th is gets some attention on here and I can make soime low carb friends and someone to do it with me.

Rebecca

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca!

Just wondering....how "low carb" are you talking? How many grams per day?

Trisha
  • hannatrip
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site! I am a low carber also!! I would like to be your freind :)
    to look up others click on search under community and type in low carb and you should see other posts come up..
    also if you look in your email that you sign up here with you should see emails saying someone left you a message...

Good luck!!!
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options
    Hi Rebecca!

Just wondering....how "low carb" are you talking? How many grams per day?

Trisha

I'm trying to keep it to 20 grams a day rigiht now but I ihaven't been eating enoguih greens. I just started back and wanted to k ick start thi ngs by eatqing just tuna and pork rinds lol but got me some salad to eat too. I also ate some scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese mmm. But on the first I can go grocery shopping for some better foods.
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site! I am a low carber also!! I would like to be your freind :)
    to look up others click on search under community and type in low carb and you should see other posts come up..
    also if you look in your email that you sign up here with you should see emails saying someone left you a message...

Good luck!!!

hi and thank you. I am having a problem with a sweet tooth partly because of a med I"m on which I knoiwi taking meds can make it harder oin low carb but I had such great success before I am determined to do it agian. I just need to quit sabbotoging my good work all day by eating osmeting sweet at night.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's really low! I did low carb about three years ago, and tried not to go over 50g per day. I was using the George Stella cookbooks, which I love, and still use some of the recipes now. One thing I did love about low carb is that the first place I noticed a drastic difference (and very quickly) was around my middle.

I think the carb allowance they give on this site is outrageous! And I notice that some people are eating up to 300g per day! I lowered my allowance to 150, and will keep trying to lower that, but I don't think I can do 20g at this point!
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options
    I put sept 1st up there cause the other group of people were going to do a challenge of starting sept 1st they were going to see how many days they could go withoiut breakiing low carb and I waqnt to do that to. There are so many there that I feel l ost in the shuffle so I thoiught i wouild doi it on my own or if there wre a few other0s that wouiiled like to try it with me. I don'lt want to get anyone mad I just need a smaller groupo to work with., Know what I meann?
  • aristeiapa
    Options
    Hi,

I'm pre-diabetic and I'm doing low carb. I agree, the carb allowances on this site is outrageous. I was doing between 60-70 g a day, but my sugars were bottoming out. I started a new med and my endocrinologist suggested I take my carbs up to 100 to get better sugar balances. I lost 6 lbs right off the bat, but now its starting to creep up, so I'm moving the carbs down. Some days I blow it completely and have to start all over the next day. I like this site b/c each day is a brand new start.

Good Luck fellow low carbers!!

Nicole
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options
    Hi,

I'm pre-diabetic and I'm doing low carb. I agree, the carb allowances on this site is outrageous. I was doing between 60-70 g a day, but my sugars were bottoming out. I started a new med and my endocrinologist suggested I take my carbs up to 100 to get better sugar balances. I lost 6 lbs right off the bat, but now its starting to creep up, so I'm moving the carbs down. Some days I blow it completely and have to start all over the next day. I like this site b/c each day is a brand new start.

Nicole

wow six poiuonds way to go but what that health
    Rebecca
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options
    Wow! That's really low! I did low carb about three years ago, and tried not to go over 50g per day. I was using the George Stella cookbooks, which I love, and still use some of the recipes now. One thing I did love about low carb is that the first place I noticed a drastic difference (and very quickly) was around my middle.

I think the carb allowance they give on this site is outrageous! And I notice that some people are eating up to 300g per day! I lowered my allowance to 150, and will keep trying to lower that, but I don't think I can do 20g at this point!

well on atkins induction youi start with that and then add some to it each week as loingas you keepo loosing.
    REbecca
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I put sept 1st up there cause the other group of people were going to do a challenge of starting sept 1st they were going to see how many days they could go withoiut breakiing low carb and I waqnt to do that to. There are so many there that I feel l ost in the shuffle so I thoiught i wouild doi it on my own or if there wre a few other0s that wouiiled like to try it with me. I don'lt want to get anyone mad I just need a smaller groupo to work with., Know what I meann?

That is us and I won't post the September challenge until Wednesday, Sept 1.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/116169-low-carb-ers-challenge-sept-1st?page=1#posts-1591464

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111425-group-llc-livin-low-carb-august-2010?page=11#posts-1591182
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Hi,

Nicole

I would be looking at that Endocrinologist sideways.............

It doesn't take long with low carb for blood sugars to go low and meds need to be adjusted. The whole point should be to get off meds, not up the carbs to stay on the meds.

I have switched doctors for less stuff than that. I want to live naturally and med free.

This is the things I am talking about with the doctors being in the pockets of the Big Pharma companies...........They try to keep our carbs up and up because they can keep us on meds that way.

I started adjusting my meds myself until I weaned myself off them completely...........

I was a full blown Diabetic with an A1C of 8.8% a couple years ago.................I am now down to having an A1C of 5.8% and trying to get it down to around 5.2 - 5.4% or lower.................
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/116169-low-carb-ers-challenge-sept-1st?page=1#posts-1591464

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111425-group-llc-livin-low-carb-august-2010?page=11#posts-1591182

oh yes I recognize your name. Do you mind that nwe or at least I am going to do iot too? I need to do somiething that will break my sweet craviings in the e venings and if I stay on track for the month of sept at least then I can make it the rest of tohe way.l
  • July24Lioness
    Options

oh yes I recognize your name. Do you mind that nwe or at least I am going to do iot too? I need to do somiething that will break my sweet craviings in the e venings and if I stay on track for the month of sept at least then I can make it the rest of tohe way.l

By all means, come and join us. We are looking to keep our selves accountable and groups are a great way to do it.

We will all post our goals for the month and then track our progress. It is also to share ideas, recipes and things of encouragement to each other............
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options

By all means, come and join us. We are looking to keep our selves accountable and groups are a great way to do it.

We will all post our goals for the month and then track our progress. It is also to share ideas, recipes and things of encouragement to each other............

I'm glad it's ok to post recipes! I love that part. It's always exciting to find a good new recipe to keep it tasteing good oni low carb. lol
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options
    I think I posted my starting weighit already but if I ihaven't here it is:
    starting at 135lbs and goal weight 125
  • Imalowcarbber
    Options
    I think I posted my starting weighit already but if I ihaven't here it is:
    starting at 135lbs and goal weight 125

I"m going to get a tape measure to start measuring myself cause ithink I've lost an inch or two but will never know at this point.
  • hannatrip
    Options
    Hi,

Nicole

I am diabetic also....I have been doing between 60-90 carbs and I have been losing a couple pounds a week now....I also adjust my meds.....I take prandin....1 before each meal so if my sugars are low I dont take it and its been working out great for me....Im not sure what you are taking but ask your doctor if you can do that....
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi, Rebecca - I think maybe it was our Group LLC thread? Not sure - but here is the link for our September thread, and also a link where we are having our own little "build your own" challenge. Come check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117152-group-llc-september-2010

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117209-group-llc-september-challenge

We'd love to have you join our LC group!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You too, Hannatrip - come on over! :happy: