Working 9-5

Options
Hi!

I've just recently started a 9-5 office job, and have noticed my activity levels have dropped a lot! i think this is partly because I'm not used to the early starts (i'm feeling pretty drained) but also because of the long periods sat at my desk! Does anyone have any tips about keeping up motivation for work outs after long days and/or keeping active at work?

Thanks!

Replies

• RCadence
    RCadence Posts: 79
    Options
    Hey, what I tend to find is working out in the morning sets you off for the day ahead. Although I work 12 hour shifts I always try to get a run / workout in, cause by the time I get in I am Ka-nackered lol
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I find doing something like running or an exercise class straight from work is best for me, it gives me a boost of energy early in the evening
  • kosuke081
    kosuke081 Posts: 69
    Options
    I have an 8-5 job with an hour long lunch, so I usually take half my lunch and dedicate that to exercising.

Luckily I work in a file room by myself, so I turn off the lights and change into some b-ball shorts and then pull up 8 min youtube videos (three of them) and run through them, I always try to include at least one cardio, and since I want to tone my abs I usually do one of those as well.

I've only done it for a couple of weeks, but I've lost 3lbs, so I think it's working. I know that burnt out feeling when I get home though. No matter what I don't want to work out when I get home, so I have to do it at work if it's going to happen.