Yo-Yo No Mo

Options
:laugh: Hi, I am from a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. I have yo-yo'd all my adult life. Never found the strength or "life-style change" to keep it off. I always found that when I was thin and happy, I would socialize more. Now, I hardly go out at all because I'm too embarrassed. I am waging war on the fat this time and have a strong determination to succeed. Looking forward to meeting some people to help me in my journey and vice versa.

Replies

• Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!! You will love it here, great support and motivation. :happy:
  • Deezle59
    Deezle59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Zita_Jenn!
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Please feel free to add me as a friend! :smile:
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    Never be embarrassed of who you are....Yes being overweight is hard to live with and makes you very uncomfortable but it shouldnt change you as a person...if you are beautiful within, you are beautiful on the out......Good luck on your journey and welcome to MFP, you'll love the site.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Good Luck on your journey! This is the best place!
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Hi and welcome - you'll find great support and info in here. Just read your profile and it all rings true. I have been here for 3 weeks during which time I have filled my diary honestly - don't get hung up on the odd 100 cals here or there. I also started doing a bit in the gym after doing no exercise at all for 40 years. I have been amazed how good I feel even after just 10 mins on a rowing machine - it has kick started my metabolism which must have been near dormant - I feel so much more alive and am now lighter than my previous lowest after 4 trips up and down in the 320-370 range.
    Be good to yourself does not mean eating Cake! Though you can do that in moderation too!!

j
  • Deezle59
    Deezle59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everybody! I have never blogged before, so I appreciate all your well wishes.
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome! This is a terrific place to help you on your journey--lots of great friends, and great tools. I've found that honestly tracking my food and logging my exercise has helped me keep focused on my goal!