Hello from TN

Options
TNBelle35
TNBelle35 Posts: 21 Member
Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am loving this website alot even though I just started a few weeks ago.

I have some friends and family that "fake" happy for my fitness progress but I feel like they want to keep me down where they are....misery loves company kinda thing I guess. Reading some of theses amazing stories from real people with real struggles is overwhelmingly comforting to know I am not alone in my health or social struggles and look forward to knowing some of you more.
I don't have a drastic weight loss story to share, but just medical issues that have kept me unhappy with myself and low self esteem. I have begun doing Zumba a couple times a week for the last three months and just feel amazing and am loving it.....can't wait to do more and more.....already lost 2 pant sizes without even trying and can feel my confidence coming back and it feels good.
Watching people on tv and movies and magazines that put out such an unrealistic image and way of life that we try to fit into or compare ourselves to is just another form of bullying. It's nice to know there is a place for real people with real problems and real success stories to share with. The Lord gives each of us different bodies and stories so that we can help each other though the good and bad, I am glad to be a part of this community now.

Thanks

Replies

• TNBelle35
    TNBelle35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow...no one from Tennessee here. I was hoping to find some local help and make friends.
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    I am from Canada and I think you are well on :drinker: your way.
  • lazerbirdgirl
    Options
    I am from NE TN, but I don't think that is close to you. :)
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm from SE Tennessee (Chattanooga area)! Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck!
  • brownqt1
    brownqt1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ne-Ne from Michigan. Everyone please add me I need all the encouragement I can get!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm from mid-North Carolina. Our daughter attended Lipscomb University south of Nashville a few years ago. Always enjoyed visiting and exploring the city. I wish you all the best with your MFP experience, it has been a huge blessing for me to take control of my health as I age.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My wife lived on the other side of Tennessee from you (Jackson) before we got married and she moved here to Bama... and we were actually just up in Chattanooga last weekend for a little weekend getaway. :)

I can somewhat relate to have "medical" related issues that can interfere or hinder our fitness goals, but about two years ago I decided it was time to start taking control and since then, I haven't looked back... I've gone from someone that would rather do just about anything other than work out to being someone that can't wait to get home from work and hit the weights!

Best of luck on your goals!!
  • casmjones
    casmjones Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi--Suzan form Jonesboro, AR. MFP is a great place for friends and support. Feel free to anyone add me. Like all I need help and support too and willing to give back. Welcome and good luck.