Power 90/ p90x

Options
I have been doing the Power 90 for 8 days now with great results. Anyone else using this program? Id like to find others using it for motivation, advice, tips, and general chit chat!

Replies

• AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi... I am doing P90X. Currently am in Phase 2. So far I have lost 12 lbs and dropped 2 pants sizes. My shirt size too reduced from 44" to 42".

I can't do all what Tony effortlessly does. I have my own limitations. I suck at pull ups, but I modify to suit my strength.

Its great and I love it. Good luck with your program.Feel free to add me.
  • MysticTrev
    MysticTrev Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratz! I am, as I stated doing the Power 90 as I was told by some friends to start that one before I go onto P90x. I am still on Phase 1 but have lost about the same amount as you have. Not sure on waist yet. Keep up the great work! P.S. I added you!
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add.

You will enjoy P90. Technically I should have started off with P90, but my ego wanted P90X lol :P
    I couldn't do a single pushup on day 1. Today I can do 10 comfortably. Its not a great number but 10 is WAY better than none. ;)
  • mcr1453
    mcr1453 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started P90 ~ 2 weeks ago. It's getting a little easier to keep up with the level 1/2 workouts.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've been doing p90 for a little over 2 months. I am pleased with my results so far but I don't always do his cardio, sometimes I use my elliptical or something because I get tired of doing the same thing all the time.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi there ,
    I'm a P90X graduate. I haven't done Power 90 but if you'd like support feel free to add me :) I also belong to a great MFP support group that is very supportive and informative.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5498-p90x-insanity-the-game-changers
    Each person is assigned a coach to give one on one assistance and encouragement. It helped me so much (currently down 65 pounds :)

Add me if you like
    Simon
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    i just ordered Power 90 from Amazon....I did Shred in the past and other DVD's but since plyometrics was never enjoyable even before my knees were achy. I can do jumping jacks and jog but jumps always hurt.

I hope I like it, reviews from beginners and seasoned exercisers seemed good. When it got easier, many supplemented and since I have an ADD brain for exercise, I probably will do more on some days during the week.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Though I'm not doing P90X currently, I did it for quite awhile and have found it to be a great program. I think you'll be very happy with things as you stick with the program.
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of Power 90, and I add varied cardio feel free to add me.
  • tds030
    tds030 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm on day 2. Sculpt kicked my butt yesterday, so hopefully the cardio and abs won't be too terribly bad today. Im doing about 45 minutes of cardio every morning before work and Power 90 in the afternoons. hopefully, I will see some results.

Do you guys liking the program thus far?
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do the only things in the sculpt video I wish there was more weight training for the lower legs. I also ate chair dips so I am looking for other triceps moves.
  • joebanz77
    joebanz77 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    power 90 is a great stepping stone to p90x. i lost 43lbs with power 90! its great! feel free to add me
  • randi5000
    randi5000 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 14 of Power 90 and have lost 7 pounds (even with some awesome cheat days) and LOVE IT!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    When I looked at Power 90, I didn't like the sculpt very much compared to other DVD's, but the cardio and abs were a plus. I love that it is mostly low impact and timed....with a short break and the abs I've worked up to almost 200....that is a lot of punch for a few minutes.

I wish I liked the sculpt better but again, I'm a DVD junkie and just found other ones I like better, but the cardio/abs is worth keeping it.
    He has a "masters" series for after Power 90 that looked fun for lack of a better word. : ) I don't think I'd want to do Px90
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    starting p90x by the end of August.
    Would love to get in touch with peolpe doing Beachbody Programs.
    Please feel free to add me.
    To all of you, keep the good work and stay focused :wink: