almost 30 pounds gone, but don't feel a difference.

Options

Replies

• MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5' 8" and even if I lose 20 pounds, not only does no one notice, but I don't go down a size in clothes. As a matter of fact, last year I lost 36 pounds in 4 months (I've gained back 22 but am back on the wagon!) and I barely went down a size. I was in an 18 and could kind of fit into a 16. Still, I could feel and see the difference.

So don't be discouraged at all! I can definitely tell that you've lost weight! Keep it up, you'll be down several sizes before you know it!

I'm 5'11. I know it's shallow but I would feel so good to just be out of an 18 and it would just be positive reinforcement that I'm doing something right.
  • itsnikki
    itsnikki Posts: 4
    Options
    I think you look great! Your waist is definitely getting smaller. I have a friend who seems to be like you. It took a while to drop a size, but you could tell she was losing weight. Keep up the good work! :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I can definiltey see a difference! And you look like you weigh less than what you do!!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hell, to the yes!

Looks like it mostly came off of your midsection, so it may be a while before seeing a size change. Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    First off, I am JEALOUS of your body! You look fantastic and I do not have that nice of a figure at 235. I'm guessing you're pretty tall in addition to being genetically blessed. I agree with those who said that you don't look like you weigh what you do. I know everyone carries weight differently but I would have guessed you at like 180 if that! hehe

But yeah...I kind of understand. I have gone from 262 to 235 in the past 3 months and I don't feel that different, I do not have more energy or feel healthier or anything like that. Smaller people can lose 10 lb and 4 dress sizes. When you're pretty big, like me for example, you will lose dress sizes more slowly. I was a size 22 and 2X top at 272 lb and I'm between 18-20 now, 1X top. Even though I am 37 lb smaller!

Someone described it on here like a roll of paper towels. When you take 6 sheets off a full roll, you barely notice. When the roll is small and close to the end, 6 sheets can make it look SO much smaller very quickly. Sort of sounds nuts, but there's truth in it.
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You have changed visibly. You may want to take measurement and take side pictures as well, maybe just in a bikini. You might be losing from your neck, back or tighs as well.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference. Look at your waist!!!

Awesome job! Keep it up! :)
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes! you have a waist!

^ THIS!

Dont get discouraged. Everyone looses weight in different places. Just like the weight you gain looks different of different people. Like for example, my asian co worker ( same height) weighs 160, and I weigh 167, but I look thinner than she does. I carry my weight on my arms/ thighs , hips and butt ( also under my chin lol). She carries it on her belly!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and down 45 lbs. For the first 30, I wore the same clothes, thinkiing "why do these still fit?". The answer is because all my clothes were stretchy. Stretchy jeans (not elastic waist, but denim with lycra or some other stretch fabric for lots of give), slacks with stretch, primarily knit type fabrics or sweaters. But now realize that when I starting losing weight, all my clothes were tight, but I was just used to it. Clothes with stretch will "fit" longer than those with no stretch. It wasn't until a coworker told me that I looked like I was wearing someone else's clothes that I realized others could see a difference.. It wasn't until I put on some clothes that didn't have any stretch to them that I really saw a difference.

Just keep plugging away. You're doing great!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely see the difference, look at your waist! I have also lost 20+ lbs and haven't changed my pant size, that's because i continued to wear my size 9 jeans, when I should have worn 11. maybe that's what is happening? but don't worry, it will drop!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and down 45 lbs. For the first 30, I wore the same clothes, thinkiing "why do these still fit?". The answer is because all my clothes were stretchy. Stretchy jeans (not elastic waist, but denim with lycra or some other stretch fabric for lots of give), slacks with stretch, primarily knit type fabrics or sweaters. But now realize that when I starting losing weight, all my clothes were tight, but I was just used to it. Clothes with stretch will "fit" longer than those with no stretch. It wasn't until a coworker told me that I looked like I was wearing someone else's clothes that I realized others could see a difference.. It wasn't until I put on some clothes that didn't have any stretch to them that I really saw a difference.

Just keep plugging away. You're doing great!

I had the same experience with some of the jeans I had been wearing for 18 months, they fit exactly the same I THOUGHT after 30+ lb weight loss but what really happened is they used to be tight and then stretch out over the course of the day, and I would not wash them often. Now I wash them every time and they seem to fit great but after a whole day of wear, they're falling down!

I've also had the reality check of multiple friends, coworkers, and family recently commenting (nicely) that my clothes just DON'T work on me because they are too large. It is sometimes almost bittersweet - but overall, a good thing!!
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I have lost 30 pounds also and have barely lost a clothing size. I like you don't get it. I am wearing the same bras and underwear. My jeans had stretch so now they are not tight but I can still wear them. It took a 30 pound loss for people to notice. I only have 30 ponds to go to my goal.

I didn't want to make this about me. You look great in your photos but I get what you say and how you feel. I kind of worry that I will eventually hit my "goal" but it won't be enough. Good luck to you.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Keep at it your doing great! You can see the hour glass shape now :drinker:
    It took me about 40lbs to go down a dress size...... dont focus on dress sizes anyway they are all different and wrong, get your tape measure out and measure your waist, thighs, hips, calfs, bust and arms if you havnt already.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Some days it can be rough. I step on the scale and still see it hovering between 289/290 and my clothes still fitting. I'm starting to believe measuring tape is on crack because I'm like no way I lost this many inches and still in an 18!

I'm going to stay off the scale for a while.

Thanks again! I do joke that my height saves me. 5'11 and 287 pounds and a lot, if not all, people I talk to say no way. Sadly, all of my weight is in the midsection area.
  • kats1957
    kats1957 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try taking the photo wearing the same clothes as in the first photo. You will probably see the difference then!
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look great! Don't give up! It always take us a awhile to see the positive changes in ourselves. You have taken the necessary steps for self improvement & that's wonderful! Keep it up. You will see the changes soon enough. :smile:

Peace & blessings be yours.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Well I do see a difference, and you are looking great.

I totally get what your saying though. I went through that as well. Just keep doing what you're doing, it will come off and soon enough you will really see AND FEEL the difference.

From my experience.... I really noticed a change when I added some type of strength training to my cardio. I started with Body Pump classes. I'm not sure if you already do weights but if you don't add them, if you do... maybe increase your weights a bit.

Looking good, keep it up!!!!
    :smile:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference! Your legs look so much smaller! You are lookin great!! Keep up the great work.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I first started and still had a lot to lose, it took like 30lbs to go down 1 pant size. Now that I'm down to the last 15-20 lbs, 5 lbs = 1 pant size. Be patient and you'll see results.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Do NOT get de-motivated by this! Keep moving, keep tracking and keep trying stuff on! Go to the store and try things on you wouldn't usually try on. I have lost 48 pounds and I can wear clothes from size 12-16, depending on cut and style. The difference is that before most of the clothes were 16-18, with a couple of things at a 14 and now most of the clothes are 12-14, with a couple of things at a 16. My point is clothing sizes are inconsistent. 30 pounds is awesome and you definitely look slimmer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!