small steps add up to big changes.

crazybxrmom
crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Ok so yesterday was not great day on the eating scale. Unlike before this site I was well aware of everything I ate and exactly how much of each thing. Not a binge at all, just not the best food options. I ate 3 slices of pizza and my normal dinner then 6 oreos before bed. As I was eating dinner I remarked that well I know I made some pretty bad food choices today so tomarrow I'll just eat fruit all day, and flush my system. As I was walking the dogs this morning I was hit with a LIGHTBULB moment..and one major SUCCESS....

I am no longer on a diet and there is no bad and good. There are only days when we eat the best fuel and days when we eat less than the best fuel. I do not need to pay for my food choices and starve myself the day after to "make up for it".

This is a major success for me as no matter how many times I have said "lifestyle change" it has still been a DIET. Today it hit me that this really is a lifestyle change and occasionally we will indulge our sweet tooth or choose a food based solely on the fact it looks good or sounds good, and guess what....ITS OK!!!!

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    that is so true
  • Very nice success and observation. Welcome to a healthy lifestyle. :happy:
  • aprilsblueeyes
    aprilsblueeyes Posts: 1 Member
    This is so true. It is something I really need to remember. It’s frustrating when we for get that the food we eat isn’t bad (ok some may be) but the amount that we eat of it. But being the way I am and many others, you start off with good intentions then next thing you know it’s all gone..  And you feel bad.. But sorry it’s going to stay in there. Why can’t I feel bad before I eat that much or what ever it is I shouldn’t have ate? (my choices suck. Banana or candy bar?) why can’t vending machines have good choices?
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Ok so yesterday was not great day on the eating scale. Unlike before this site I was well aware of everything I ate and exactly how much of each thing. Not a binge at all, just not the best food options. I ate 3 slices of pizza and my normal dinner then 6 oreos before bed. As I was eating dinner I remarked that well I know I made some pretty bad food choices today so tomarrow I'll just eat fruit all day, and flush my system. As I was walking the dogs this morning I was hit with a LIGHTBULB moment..and one major SUCCESS....

I am no longer on a diet and there is no bad and good. There are only days when we eat the best fuel and days when we eat less than the best fuel. I do not need to pay for my food choices and starve myself the day after to "make up for it".

This is a major success for me as no matter how many times I have said "lifestyle change" it has still been a DIET. Today it hit me that this really is a lifestyle change and occasionally we will indulge our sweet tooth or choose a food based solely on the fact it looks good or sounds good, and guess what....ITS OK!!!!

Thanks! I needed to read this today, as I get myself back in gear after a less-than-ideal fuel weekend. :bigsmile:
  • You are so right! Occasional indulgences didn't get me where I am today, it was the everyday, every meal indulgences. Great comment.:smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!