30 Day shred...Please explain

Options
Hi There,

I am hearing a lot about the 30 day shred program. Can you guys help me understand what it is? Do I need to supscribe or buy anything for this?

TIA

Replies

• ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Check out Jillian Micheals 30 Day shred on You tube. Its an exercise program/ video she does.
  • robinrsimmons428
    robinrsimmons428 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I saw one video there but can I get all of them on Youtube without having to purchase it?
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i think all levels are on youtube x
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    It's not a long DVD, just 3 20-25 minute workouts so it's pretty cheap if you can't get it on YouTube. I think I got mine for $10 at Target.
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yeah i only paid 10.00 includes shipping from amazon.ca probably cheapier if your not in canada
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    here you go. should help you out here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=30+day+shred
  • robinrsimmons428
    robinrsimmons428 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I uploaded all 3 levels onto my iPad through Amazon video for under $5. Worth the small purchase. Careful if you have knee issues though, This video gave me a hard time with the knees
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Its on YouTube, there are three levels. You do each one for 10 day for 30 days straight and you WILL see a difference!! It helped me loose to my goal weight and then some!!
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Level 1 is easily available on you tub. I got Levels 2 and 3 from vimeo. I have been doing 30 day shred for almost 90 days (I chose to spend 30 days at each level instead of 10, because I was really out of shape when I started). My results have been stellar!! I did have knee issues during the first month, but I iced my knees and pushed through. Haven't had knee pain now, in well over a month, and I don't think I've ever skipped more than one day per week.
    It's been a great program for me!
    Best wishes!
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    I uploaded all 3 levels onto my iPad through Amazon video for under $5. Worth the small purchase. Careful if you have knee issues though, This video gave me a hard time with the knees

I had the same problem! I never have knee issues but had problems with this set of videos. I loved the crazy amount of sweat in a short amount of time working out though. I just quit doing the lunges and did squats while she was doing lunges.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Joined the MFP group - July 2013 Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Group - last Sunday. Provides links and info.
    Free!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It is a very basic beginner-level circuit training style workout DVD that guides you through a 20 minute long workout based on a combination of traditional moderate intensity aerobics and the same drill exercises they have kids do in PE class nowadays. It is intentionally done to be moderate enough in intensity so as to not require the 48 hour rest period afterward that is normally associated with higher intensity training methods. It has come under a lot of scrutiny despite overwhelmingly favorable results based on Jillian's lack of qualifications as a certified fitness instructor and the fact that there is a high report of injuries among people who do the Shred It With Weights DVD (due to the poor form coached by Jillian--she was sued by the RKC over this).

It is divided into 3 difficulty levels. You start out at level 1 and progress to the next difficulty level after 10 days, and then again after another 10 days onto level 3.