Need to stop over eating

Options
686 calories over today , was 632 over yesterdayy :( cant keep eating like this , but everytime i think about eating less and healthy i get really hurngy and want chocolate , ant tips to get passd this x

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Read somewhere if you crave sweets, eat something salty like a pickle. May be worth a try.
  • Mjroxane
    Mjroxane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yeah i give that a go , i try anything , i got a really sweet tooth and just want sweets and choclate all the time , i even have 3 sugars in my tea and have about 8+ cups a day :(

=
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    make your sweets from scratch, and substitute healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour and splenda. If you look up recipes online you can find some that are still decadent, but lower cal and good for you. Don't cut out sweets entirely, but make sure you exercise enough to make up for them. Remember this is not a diet, but a lifestyle change.
  • sandy_lady
    Options
    vitamines helped me....I take potassium, b complex, amino complete and a multi. I bought these at a health food store and they have stopped the cravings for sweets and also cramps I would get from dieting. Good Luck:happy:
  • IrishJess
    Options
    I just had a nosey at your food diary... your daily goal is 700 calories?! That's below starvation mode babe. The 1300 odd calories a day you're having is much better for you especially if you tie that into exercise. At first I thought you meant going so much over on a goal like 1200 or so (which is mine) but to go over 700 calories in a day is a good thing!
  • IrishJess
    Options
    I just had a nosey at your food diary... your daily goal is 700 calories?! That's below starvation mode babe. The 1300 odd calories a day you're having is much better for you especially if you tie that into exercise. At first I thought you meant going so much over on a goal like 1200 or so (which is mine) but to go over 700 calories in a day is a good thing!
  • Mjroxane
    Options

well i didnt think the 700 was right but when i sign up to myfitness pal and put my weight any everything in that what it came up to , i did re-entre my details to see if it would change but it didnt :/ any way of changing it , also i arent sure how many calories a day i should be having anyone know for a 5 foot 3 girl age 19 :/ i never quite understand all of it so thats why i sign up to this , the time when you need your mum i think :/

thanks everyone for the comments ...great help :):)
  • Mjroxane
    Options
    [/quote

i found how to change it :) after going on everything lol , i put it as 1200 :/
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Fill up on water and if you need something sweet, add Crystal Light to it. It will fill you up and satisfy your sweet tooth.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sweets is tough. When you crave something like that, it means that you're not getting enough of anything. If you want something sweet, try some fruit like watermelon. Or have a little of what you're craving, but not a whole lot.
  • IrishJess
    Options

well i didnt think the 700 was right but when i sign up to myfitness pal and put my weight any everything in that what it came up to , i did re-entre my details to see if it would change but it didnt :/ any way of changing it , also i arent sure how many calories a day i should be having anyone know for a 5 foot 3 girl age 19 :/ i never quite understand all of it so thats why i sign up to this , the time when you need your mum i think :/

Well a woman's daily recommended allowance is 2,000 hun. Because you're 19 I would call you a young woman and say you're RDA is 2,000 like me. But because you want a certain type of weight loss per week this will obviously become lower, e.g. mine is 1,220 but then with exercise it bumps up to 1,700 some days. If you have it around the 1,200 mark for your goal each day you won't feel bad about your intake because I doubt you'll go over it much, which is the same with me. It means you can have your wee treats here and there :) Now you've got it changed you'll be great, just you wait and see babe :) x
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options

I'm 5'3"....well....I used to be..I think I shrunk...anyway.....I'm a LOT older than you, but my personal goal for my height is about 130 or so. However, because you are younger, your goal should be a bit less, but it also depends on your body frame. For example, are you petite, big boned, average build?
    I hope this helps.
  • Mjroxane
    Options

I'm 5'3"....well....I used to be..I think I shrunk...anyway.....I'm a LOT older than you, but my personal goal for my height is about 130 or so. However, because you are younger, your goal should be a bit less, but it also depends on your body frame. For example, are you petite, big boned, average build?
    I hope this helps.

hi , yes all these comments have helped, starting to understand it all better :) i am petite well i wud say i am a bit of a wried shape :) i am petite but i have my mother hips which she says is great for when you have children as they can sit better on them :) which means we have big hips .
  • Deb77
    Deb77 Posts: 6
    Options
    You look really great right now. I'm not sure why your weight loss goal is 25 pounds. Looking at your photo makes me wonder why the goal would be that big. I looked at each of your pictures, and aside from an absolutely blessed figure (you are so lucky), I am not seeing 25 pounds to lose. Is that reasonable? And you say that you want your bf to think you're hot. Honey, you are hot right now!!!!! Just want you to be realistic about what you need to lose is all. I say good luck to you.