HELPPPPP ME!!!!

Options
OK THIS IS IT!! I JUS DID MEASUREMENTS & WT FOR THE WEEK.... & I FIND MYSELF GETTIN MORE DEPRESSED AGAIN, & WANTIN 2 TROW UP MY ARMS & SCREAM " I QUIT "... LOOK & SEE WHY++++++++
WT WAS 225, NOW 227
WAIST: WAS 38 NOW 41
CALVES: 16 NOW 17
ARMS: 15 ( OK, WELL AT LEAST THATS NO GAIN )
THEIGHS: 25 NOW 26
HIPS: 49 NOW 51
WE DID SWIMMIN & CARDIO THIS AM.... WE GO TO 24 HR FITNESS FROM 9 AM TO 11 30ISH 4 - 5 DAZ A WEEK.. SUM TYMES WE RIDE A BIKE IN THE PARK FOR AN HR OR SO..... OTHER WISE I CARRY A PERDOMETER 2 WORK EVERY DAY, I COUNT MILES, MINS, STEPS, & CALORIES......
MY FITNESS IS NOT A PROB, A 24 HR FITNESS TRAINER TOLD ME.. THE PROB IS MY DIET...... I NEED A BETTER DIET...
ANOTHER PROB WITH THAT IS I WORK 2 PM - 10 PM; WHEN I COME HOME, I NEVER GO 2 BED B 4 12 - 1 AM.. & I END UP EATIN A SANDWICH OR SUM THING.... ALL THESE PEOPLE HERE, THERE HAS 2 B SUM 1 THAT CAN HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT 2 EAT, HOW MUCH, WHEN I GET HOME AT NITE; WHAT CAN I DO IF I AM HUNGRY, WHAT CAN I EAT? SUM 1 PWEAZZZZZ HELP ME.........PS PLEASE REPLY TO : PAMMYNTX59@ATT.NET

Replies

• mindymoe1
    Options
    i looked at your food diary and noticed that you didnt hit 1200 calories a lot. you may want to take in at least that otherwise the body goes in to starvation mode and holds on and stores all of the fat. maybe more water intake. just a thought. good luck with the eating more lol tough concept but it makes sense lol
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    From a quick look at your diary you're sodium is too high and counter-intuitively your calories are too low.

j
  • tianacaona
    tianacaona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting to exercise, sometimes it feels like you bulk up before you slim down. This happened to me where my thigh muscles felt like they grew (my pants became tighter) but with continued working out the fat began to be burned away while the muscle I had been building remained. Also, make sure you are eating enough because your body will store fat if you aren't.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the exercise! You're doing great. Now, as to the rest...........

From looking at your food log, I recommend you cut out the dining out and processed food. Too high in fat and sodium. Buy a big package of chicken or turkey breasts and cook up the whole pan at once, then reheat throughout the week. Season with Mrs. Dash or some other salt-free seasoning blend of your choice.

You need more fresh veggies - you can buy big bags of frozen ones if that's easier. Just make sure there's no added salt or sauces. Steam them up with salt-free seasonings, peppers, onions, garlic, whatever you like. Only takes a few minutes to make that up with a chicken breast for dinner.

Have a piece of fresh fruit with every meal. It will drive up your sugar count on your log, but don't worry about that right now. Your diet is not very nutrient dense, which means you're not getting much bang for your caloric buck, so to speak. You can add in fish if you like it, or lean red meat once or twice a week. Just go easy on that.

Your breakfasts look pretty good to me. Go easy on the alcohol and snack/junk food. I think if you clean up your diet, you'll actually be able to eat more and feel more satisfied than with what you're eating now. I can make 1200 calories go a long way with lean protein, veggies, fruits, and a little carbs (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa). Beans are a good choice as well - high in protein and healthy for you. If you have a crockpot, there are many good recipes on this site you can make in advance and live off of for days. I do this a lot as I don't have a lot of time to cook during the week.

Good luck!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Hello
    I feel your pain because the same happened to me & after 12 days here I had gained weight, twice I got down to 181lbs from a start of 191 & now I am don to 179.8 lbs. Different people will tell you different things but if you open your diary it will be easier to provide an insight. My suggestion would be to plan ahead so you have some saved calories for after work & to have that food prepared. Don't buy the things you shouldn't eat & I would suggest to eat very few of your exercise calories , if any. Make sure your diet is mainly fruit, vegetables, lean protein e.g meat, some eggs & non refined carbs so basically nothing white so that means brown rice, bread, pasta.Weigh your portions so you know how much you are having & definitely keep the sodium low or you will retain water; tom will also influence that so may account for problem this week..
    Another thing to take into account is do you have any health problems? It will work you just need to be determined & sometimes mix it up a bit. Feel free to add me as a friend for support . You deserve this so do it remembering you are not alone. Good luck.
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    When I started eating back half my burned cals at least everyother day but go no lower than 1200 cals the other days I started showing progress. But when I first got started exercising I added weight too because I was building new better muscles and after about 4 weeks is when I really started to lose lbs. Keep it up it takes hard work determination and dedication! Hope this helps! I have had many many many days where I want to give up hang in there!
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    I am by no means an expert (only been here a month), but it seems like you are not adding in your calories burned from excercise. Even without that you are way below 1200 calories on many days, kicking your body into starvation mode. The high sodium and the work outs could be making your body hold on to water, thus the lack of weight loss and higher measurements. Push that water to flush out the salt. I try to keep the sodium around 1500 mg, but I am on BP meds for high blood pressure....so I really try to keep this down. I have been doing the 30 day shred and the increased excercise has made my muscles hold onto water. Now 9 days in, I have finally start to lose weight....but I have definitely lost inches. Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • Aileth
    Aileth Posts: 8
    Options
    From a look at your diary I have a few points that popped out:

- I try to completely eliminate fizzy/sugary drinks;

- Not drinking alcohol made a big change;

- Try eating more fresh vegetables/fish instead of packed/canned;

- If you have a sweet tooth always keep a piece of fruit with you, most of their sugar is fructose and not saccharose.

- For the afternoon sweet cravings I grab a sugar-free gum in case I don't have any fruits or jello.

- Maybe the fried eggs could be replaced by something else you like? or reduce the ammount and add something fresh.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    MINDY I HAVE A 32 OZ BOTTLE THAT I USE AT WORK, I DRINK 4 - 5 OF THOSE. I USE A 24 OZ AT THE GYM, I USUALLY DRINK APPROX 2 OF THEM...U KNOW WHAT IS TOTALLY CONFUSIN 2 ME TOO IS? IF I RUN MY CALORIE COUNT, IT TELLS ME IT IS SOPOSE AS HIGH AS 2400...... HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT IS RITE? & WHAT IS NOT?
  • CHANGES4ME
    Options
    FRIED EGGS R COOKED ON A GRIDDLE, WITH COOKIN SPRAY, DO U THINK THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE? ALCHOL? WHEN I DRINK, IT IS USUALLY 1 BEER B 4 BED, THAT I WILL NOT GIVE UP, NO WAY, THAT CANT MAKE TO MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE.... I WORK IN REHAB/ NURSING. & LET ME TELL U, SUM OF THOSE DAZ R SO BUSY, I WANNA SCREAM.... IT'S BEER OR SMOKIN; ( PROUBLY IN MY MIND, ) BUT IT CALMS MY NERVES, & HELPS ME SLEEP BETTER......
  • CHANGES4ME
    Options
    TY FOR THOSE WEB SITES, I SURE AM GONNA LOOK IN 2 THOSE........
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered Low Carb eating? I know alot of people here do not agree, but have a look at my diary. I am never hungry anymore. I have lost inches and weight. It is aot easier than the plan I was following. But you will have to get used to changing your way of thinking and your grocery list. We do not eat any processed crap anymore really......and no breads, pastas, candy, cakes....but the trade off is I eat about the same 1200-1800 cals a day, but I am satisfied. There is a group here if you are interested in looking into it. Not pushing the Low Carb thing, but you asked right?

:flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered Low Carb eating? I know alot of people here do not agree, but have a look at my diary. I am never hungry anymore. I have lost inches and weight. It is aot easier than the plan I was following. But you will have to get used to changing your way of thinking and your grocery list. We do not eat any processed crap anymore really......and no breads, pastas, candy, cakes....but the trade off is I eat about the same 1200-1800 cals a day, but I am satisfied. There is a group here if you are interested in looking into it. Not pushing the Low Carb thing, but you asked right?

:flowerforyou:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    theri is 3 thing it could be 1 your muscles are retaing water 2 your bodys is building muscles 3 or like my sister your sneaking to the nearst fast food place and geting ex large order of everthing plus a milk shake:huh:
  • CHANGES4ME
    Options
    TINA,IF U LOOK AT MT FITNESS, THIS SI NOT A PROB, I WORK OUT 4 - 5 DAZ A WEEK, FROM 9 AM TO APPROX 11 30ISH.... I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF 24 HR SINCE MARCH...... I ACTUALLY HAVE LOST APPROX 40 LBS. I WAS 265 WHEN I DECIDED I NEEDED 2 LOSE WT.
  • JenniferLynn77
    Options
    Hey!

Congrats on taking the steps! So I looked at your food diary and did notice a lot processed foods (frozen dinners, chips, etc) and proteins that aren't very lean (sausages, 75% ground chuck)

If you need frozen dinners, maybe consider getting the healthy choice or other lean frozen dinners and for the chips, you could replace that with low-fat high fiber granola bar...the more fiber the better (helps things pass quicker)

Also more lean proteins, swap the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken, you can also rinse the cook ground meats off in a colander to rinse off a little more fat. You could also swap the canned soups for ones that are healthier (low-fat, low-sodium) or make a healthy high vegetable soup during the weekend to eat throughout the weekend

Just a couple of thoughts...
  • CHANGES4ME
    Options
    WHAT R EXCERSISE CALORIES? AND THAT IS ANOTHER THING; I DONT UNDERSTAND THE DAILY SUMMERY THING......
    GOAL+EXCERSISE-FOOD=NET THINGY; CAN U EXPLAIN THAT?
  • CHANGES4ME
    Options
    THOSE R REALLY GOOD IDEAS... MY 6 YR MATE IS TYPE 2 DIETBETIC, HE JUS RECENTLY WAS DEEMED DISABLED, HE HAS A LOTTA HEALTH ISSUES, WE W'O 2GATHER, BUT EATIN RITE, LOSIN IS MORE IMPORTANT 2 ME THEN HIM......SO I AM TRYIN 2 CHANGE EATIN HABBITS...
    IF IT AINT IN OUR HOUSE, HE WONT EAT IT.....
  • CHANGES4ME
    Options
    OH LIZZIE, SNEAKIN , I CAN ASSURE I AINT.LMAO..... WHILE IT IS TRUE, WE WENT 2 WENDY'S LAST WEEK, ( AND IT IS HIGHLY RARE ) I ATE A 1/4 LB DOUBLE BURGER, I ATE ONLY THAT, & A DIET SODA OR THE DIET LEMONADE.....I HQAVENT HAD A PIZZA IN SO LONG IT AINT FUNNY.....