Piloxing?!!

Options
So, i just tried piloxing, and i must admit that i absolutely LOVE itt !!!!
Time Warner has Exercise OnDemand and the workouts on there are amazing.
The only problem i have is that i don't know how many calories i burned and piloxing isn't in the database here.

Is there anyone on here who knows or has done piloxing and knows roughly how manycalories you can burn in 30 minutes? I've looked everywhereee, :ohwell:

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    What's piloxing?
  • mschroeder22
    Options
    What's piloxing?

Pilates and boxing combined.
  • ayjayy01
    Options
    yeah, it's pilates and boxing combined. I found out that you can burn anwhere from 400-800 calories an hour but that really doesnt help much :/ im thinking i should just add just regular boxing and pilates to my exercise diary and just split the time in half? Or maybe just pick one? lol
  • karmapixie
    Options
    i could not find it either but i would not worry about it i know it can be more motivating to know how many calories your burning but as long as you are exercising for 30 min a day your doing good also if you want to know how many calories your burning doing any exercise you could always buy a heart rate monitor it's the most accurate way to find out good luck!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone on here who knows or has done piloxing and knows roughly how manycalories you can burn in 30 minutes? I've looked everywhereee, :ohwell:

Get a heart rate monitor... more accurate than the website estimates since it's based on your own body and works while you're doing anything!
  • ayjayy01
    Options
    Thanks! Will deff. do !
  • buckner817
    Options
    If you get the Heart rate monitoring and find out, please post! I have done Insanity, Jillian Michaels, and many more but am constantly finishing the workouts and finding myself bored. Piloxing is my new thing and I love it! Please post the calories you burn if you find out!
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just received my Piloxing video today and after reading these posts, I'm so excited to get home and try it out!!! :happy:

8644877.png
  • sally1313
    Options
    I found a website which lists the calories burned between 500-900 per hour. I just took a 1/2 class on Sunday it was a prequel to my spinning (cycling) class. Wow what a great workout piloxing is. Here is the link to the website I found the info on if you are interested. http://widbox.com/piloxing-fitness-trend/f39147/
  • wandakusa
    wandakusa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I took a 45 minute class today and burned 450 calories! Its a fun workout!

Thanks,
    wandakusa
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try Troga!!!!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    450-600 calories a work out depending on the intensity
  • bipandora
    Options
    What's piloxing?

Pilates and boxing combined.

My body is screaming in agony as I read this.... :)
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    450-600 calories a work out depending on the intensity

The only guy in the Piloxing classes here and use a FT4 Polar with the chest strap. After a 50 min class I average anywhere from mid 600's to low 700's depending on the intensity of the class.
  • sweetbabymaya
    Options
    I am a huge fan of piloxing.
    I am a model and out of all the classes I've tried this is the most fun, and it's a great workout. If anybody is in the Hollywood area go to the studio city piloxing,
    Staff is incredible and it's 10$ first class- 15$ first unlimited week.
    I go for an hour and burn about 500 calories.
  • johanne03
    Options
    I love Piloxing! You can burn anywhere between 500-900 calories/hr. a heartrate monitor would be an accurate way to measure your input!!
  • marciaannt
    Options
    At class the other day we were told you burn about 500 calories for the hour work out. I love piloxing.
  • tadudley
    tadudley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this also and was looking for how many calories. So thanksmarciaannt for the information because I was going to buy a heart rate monitor to get the amount.
  • LibraSquared
    LibraSquared Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is Troga??
  • Rachbragg
    Options
    I count it as turbo jam, which is on there, it says 700 for a hour class.