i think im just lazy :(

Options
i am must be really lazy , i really want to loss weight but everytime i could to do some excrise i start then give up after 5 mintues , i never use to i always was the one with loads of energy and did lots of excrise now i done do any , i really need a kick up the bum but i never seem to have the energy to do anythin ,, anyone know a really goos way for a energy boost or anything to get me up of my fat lazy bum :/

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT

Seriously, it takes awhile before you'll actually enjoy it and look forward to it. I think for me it took almost 3 months - one day you'll just realize that you miss it when you don't!

Set aside 10 minutes three times a week, then 15, then 20, etc.... Maybe instead just add one minute each day, one minute isn't that much, is it?? Eventually switch to 4 days along the way, maybe even 5 or 6!! Every little bit counts, make it a goal - you are the only one who can control this.

I repeat - JUST DO IT! :happy:
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Try taking a vitamin B6 supplement. Helped me when I was tired and down. Now I don't take them anymore, but I am exercising regularly.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Join some of the buddies groups in MFP; get some friends to excercise with you at home or at the gym.
    If you can not afford a gym get a video or watch some of the fitness programs in TV, or joing the YMCA.
    If the weather is good in your neck of the woods, go for walks.

If you don't have much energy see your doctor and ask for a blood test and check your thyroid. Also watch what you are eating. Too many "wrong" carbs and sugar will weight you down. Increase your protein levels and eat mostly fruit and vegetables, brown rice, wheat pasta, legumbes, sweet potatoes. Excercis portion control. Stay off the booze and the fast food places.

You can do it!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I agree with Wolfena - you just have to do it. I hated to exercise but after a few months I started to enjoy it. I still have to push myself some days to workout, but if I don't do what's necessary to take care of myself no one will. Find something you like to do....walking, jogging, hiking, swimming etc....all that stuff is exercise but if you enjoy it you won't feel like its work.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Try the 30 day shred...it's 27 minute full workout...quick and it's over before you know it
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I started out walking everyday.. 15 mins for a few days, then 20, now I do 30-45 mins... And I try to squeeze in some strenth training when my kids are behaving.. I use exerciseTV cuz it's free and there are a lot of different workouts so I never get bored.

It can be hard to stay motivated sometimes.. it helps when I try to visualize what i want (nice stomach and booty) and I know I wont get these things by sitting around doing nothing. And when I start to see results... (like my old jeans finally fitting!!) then it makes me want to keep going!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Another thing that helps me is music - I really look forward to blasting my music on the headphones while I'm moving!

& if you find that you REALLY hate doing something and find it boring - do something different! There are so many different ways to exercise, there is no reason to keep doing something you honestly loathe (not because you're lazy, but because you just don't enjoy it AT ALL)
  • AmenoKaji
    AmenoKaji Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wolfena is right. Music can help a lot. Either listening to it just before you workout or while you're working out and just like she said, changing your routine might also help as well. exercise should be fun as well. I know we all have some workout we dont' like because its tough and pushes us but when its fun and you'rer psyched up to see how well you out do yourself nexxt time, you look forward to it and if you need something motivational take a look at these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5NBYu6iyvA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z34eVMBFM

hope they help :) good luck.
  • cgriffis
    cgriffis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I didn't see it mentioned here, but you could be a bit depressed. Living an unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle for any period of time can lead to depression. For me as my weight goes up, my mood and energy go down. It is a vicious cycle that can really compound if you don't do something about it.

All the suggestions above are good, you just have to find what works for you. If you truly are depressed, then maybe a trip to the Doctor or a support group might be what you need to get you through. When you said that you used to like to be active and now it all changed for you, then that sounds like one of the key symptoms.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm probably going to get yelled at for this but I don't care because it's what works for me. Drink a cup of coffee. I know caffeine is bad for you, yada yada, but when it comes down to either sitting on my duff all day or getting an energy boast with a cup off coffee so that I can have the energy to do to my work out - I'll take the little bit of caffeine thank you. lol

Seriously, on the days I don't feel like working out I'll have a cup of coffee first (I actually make a very yummy cold coffee drink with low fat milk, splenda or sugar, and a tsp of instant coffee - blend in blender til frothy and foamy and SO YUMMM!). Then go do your workout! :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I agree you just have to do it...even if its slower paced and not as long in length if you give up after 5minutes increase it by 2minutes daily and you will be on your way...also what i do is i dont watch tv until my excercise is done so that forces me to get off my butt
  • NikkiWork
    NikkiWork Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just don't have much time to watch TV any more so I DVR my shows and I set my bike in front of the TV and I bike while I watch the show...makes me lose track of the time and get my exercises in! This is just my home exercise I do enjoy going to the gym and now that its getting a little cooler here (TX) we'll start playing more outdoor tennis and walks! Another thing is to get a support system going...someone to push you to do it on the days you don't want to! If I can do it you can do it! ;) Good luck!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is laziness if you start and stop. Perhaps there is something medical going on? Don't give up on yourself. Maybe pay a visit to your dr and see if there is something going on that is contributing to your lack of energy
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I will not yell at you Stacy because I drink two cups of coffee a day, and I agree with you that it gives a boost before a work out. By the way, recent reports showed that caffeine in moderation is good for the body.