Eating help

Options
I work for a doctors office and there is ALWAYS something sweet. This week we had cake two days, warm dougnuts, homemade banana bread and Hardee's biscuits.
I am a sugerholic but I am trying hard. Unfortunately, I don't have the will power to not eat these things and then I am working out harder to burn them off.
I try to keep fresh fruit and veggies handy but its hard to beat a warm dougnuts.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Options
    I work for a doctors office and there is ALWAYS something sweet. This week we had cake two days, warm dougnuts, homemade banana bread and Hardee's biscuits.
    I am a sugerholic but I am trying hard. Unfortunately, I don't have the will power to not eat these things and then I am working out harder to burn them off.
    I try to keep fresh fruit and veggies handy but its hard to beat a warm dougnuts.
    Any suggestions?
  • pbjsand
    pbjsand Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm a sugarholic too and my office environment is about the same as yours. What I started doing is cutting the donuts in half or whatever else is being served and just eat the half. I log it , but it looks better putting in .5 rather than 1.0.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm awful glad I'm NOT you, cuz I know I'd be caving ALL THE TIME!
    Wish I HAD some words of wisdom for you, lol, but, nope, I don't. All I can say is good luck!
  • troyjill44
    troyjill44 Posts: 31
    Options
    try popping a mint into your mouth when you feel like eating the sweets. It helps occupy your mouth, and gives you a taste that doesn't work well with sweets. Hope this helps!
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    my boss brings donuts EVERY Friday, then there is the monthly pigin...I do the mint thing. I walk away...I give them away to other departments before I cave:devil:
  • SarahN83
    SarahN83 Posts: 18
    Options
    I understand your struggle completely - I work at a bank that makes fresh cookies every morning for the customers...and they smell SO good. :mad: So here is what I do: I know it sounds cliche and "too good to be true", but try bringing something like Quaker-brand 90 calorie granola bars (they have yummy flavors like chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin), or just a really big bottle of water with you to work. If water gets too boring (which it often does for me), invest in a box of Crystal Light On-the-Go packets. Again, they have really good flavors and there is only 5 calories in a half a packet. The added bonus to these is that they don't have any sodium in them - so you won't retain extra water. Hopefully this helps!!:smile:
  • mtapio
    mtapio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My work is the same way... the women I work with know I am counting calories and trying to eat healthier so when they put something in the lunchroom... like cupcakes or cookies etc... they just don't tell me about it... When they order "bad" food in... they don't ask... Sooner or later they all are trying to eat healther...

Mianna:ohwell: