Friends with a sweet tooth (like me!)

Options

Replies

• mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love candy also, to the point where I bought 5 boxes of hard candy (each box I beleive weighed 16 lbs) to have so I would not run out. And that is not the only candy I would eat. About a month ago I gave up the candy cold turkey. My wife and I have had discussions over the years (she is an ex smoker) and she always said that the best way to stop something is cold turkey not gradually cutting back. So far it has wrked for me. Not only the candy but also Kool-aid - now I drink watered down crystal light lemonaid - still tastes sweet. It will be a battle but so far I am doing pretty good. Making the decision to stop was easy, actually stopping took a little more time - but I did it.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    ohmigosh - I am eating a chocolate chip cookie right now!!!!
    I def struggle with this sweet tooth!!!
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    Chocolate, chips, pop, etc. are my enimies... I have sweet TEETH...
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am a sweet tooth a holic .......... Milk duds, ice cream, oreos, tootsie rolls,

Feel free to add me :) I could use some friends who wouldnt make me feel guilty lol
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If there is ice cream in the freezer all bets are off. I can't say no lol

Oh yes, I hear that! Ice cream is the devil! ;-)

Breyer's makes a low carb ice cream that is actually really good. I just had a bowl of it lol. It helps with those cravings, summer without ice cream is like a day without oxygen.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Sweet "tooth"? Oh please, I have a mouth full of sweet teeth! :laugh: I try replacing bad sugars with good (so naturally my diary's have a TON of fruit but I eat a lot of ice cream and chocolate too). Feel free to add me :-)
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    Chocolate - and cake. I cannot have either of those two sweets around without eating all of whateveritis up. I'm researching healthier recipes to replace the things I crave, with the hope of breaking the habit altogether.
  • laurapeepee
    Options
    Anything sweet is my weakness. And I do mean anything.

So from now on I'm going to portion myself. Instead of a whole chocolate bar, maybe an eight instead. Instead of a pack of gummy sweets, maybe just 2 or 3 from the pack. And I need to stay away from the chocolate filled croissants I buy for breakfast :( Kinda substituted most sweets for fruit though. Grapes and strawberries at the moment. Plus the grapes around right now have a lovely crunchy bite to them.

Feel free to add me. I'd love to see how other people manage it.
  • RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely with you on the sweet tooth. I love to bake (cookies, cheesecake, etc), but I've refused to since I started MFP because if I bake it, I'll eat it. The only exceptions I make are for friend's birthdays, etc. I'll bake, take it over, and give up the yumminess. Definitely hasn't been easy, especially since everyone in my family has a sweet tooth (mostly mom).
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sugar is my weakness! Chocolate is so good, I have to work really hard at resisting it.

Add me, we can all help each other!
  • wisebuys
    wisebuys Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try frozen grapes. They are a great summer treat and help the ole sweet tooth. Plus with them being frozen they take longer to eat.
  • brighteyes1967
    Options
    Midget gems, curly wurly, confectionery in general just love sweet food, I have always wondered if my body is lacking something!!:laugh:
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE! Yum.....Couldn't get enough.

Someone here said they didn't enjoy it because they were too busy thinking about the next bar. Oh boy, that hit home. I can't have the stuff in the house any more. Sometimes I would eat 1/2 of a Symphony bar (my drug of choice) and it would be gone and I didn't even realize I had eaten it.

When I was pregnant with my 2nd child I developed gestational diabetes. Nutritionist said NO chocolate. I loved Fannie May milk choc. butter creme eggs (before they got bought out. Don't like the new version...I guess I should thank them for that). So, I bought some and would savor 1/2 an egg every other day. I just couldn't say no to chocolate. I quit smoking, no problem. But choc? No could do.

My latest addiction is Slim Fast Cappuccino shake. I have to limit them now too.
  • _KrisMarie_
    _KrisMarie_ Posts: 146
    Options
    I love candy also, to the point where I bought 5 boxes of hard candy (each box I beleive weighed 16 lbs) to have so I would not run out. And that is not the only candy I would eat. About a month ago I gave up the candy cold turkey. My wife and I have had discussions over the years (she is an ex smoker) and she always said that the best way to stop something is cold turkey not gradually cutting back. So far it has wrked for me. Not only the candy but also Kool-aid - now I drink watered down crystal light lemonaid - still tastes sweet. It will be a battle but so far I am doing pretty good. Making the decision to stop was easy, actually stopping took a little more time - but I did it.

Good for you! And your wife... (I'm a former smoker, too, so I know how that goes.) I guess for me the sweets have been even more difficult to quit because they can be justified more easily than the cigarettes.
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    Try frozen grapes. They are a great summer treat and help the ole sweet tooth. Plus with them being frozen they take longer to eat.

I've heard that before... And I love grapes! I can eat them by the pound, lol. I'll try that. Thanks!
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    Chocolate - and cake. I cannot have either of those two sweets around without eating all of whateveritis up. I'm researching healthier recipes to replace the things I crave, with the hope of breaking the habit altogether.

Good idea!!
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    If there is ice cream in the freezer all bets are off. I can't say no lol

Oh yes, I hear that! Ice cream is the devil! ;-)

Breyer's makes a low carb ice cream that is actually really good. I just had a bowl of it lol. It helps with those cravings, summer without ice cream is like a day without oxygen.

Amen to that! :smile: I'll try the Breyer's sometime, thanks!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think I will never be able to enjoy 'treats' at all. :brokenheart:

edit: biggest weaknesses: bakery goodies, ice cream, pop tarts, chewy/chocolatey/nutty candies.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I see there are so many of us who love sweets...I fit perfectly in this group. Since I quit smoking back in 1989 I have had this terrible craving for something sweet after my dinner meal (don 't get me wrong, I love all forms of sweets and can eat them anytime, anywhere), then when I start with just a small mouthful of sweet tasting anything, I have trouble stopping! I am definitely a sweet-a-holic. Add me if you want an additional buddy to help you curb your sweet tooth. I will surely try hard to work on mine and help you with yours...but I make no promises for No Sugar!:flowerforyou: best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i'm a retro candy junkie hah...these are the things i just can't work into my macros as i can finish an entire bag of any of these:

circus peanuts
    candy corn
    Necco's
    after dinner mints
    swedish fish (not the off brand ones, MUST be in the yellow package and say Swedish Fish on it or it's not gonna happen)

:noway: