Tummy Tuck and skin removal after 190 pound weight loss!

Options
I am not sure if anyone else is battling the excess skin issue after their weight loss, but I lost 190 pounds and it was driving me nuts. Luckily, due to my diet and exercise regimen it really was not as bad as one would think but all the skin really did hinder my progress. I could not get past the skin issue. Every time I did a squat or a military press, there it was. Staring right at me. I had never had surgery before, but decided to go ahead and look into it, which led me to actually do it. Yes, skin is an organ and it will improve but it will not retract completely. Just like the lungs of a smoker, sometimes the damage is just too permanent. I paid through the nose for it, but would not think twice about doing it again. My suggestion to anyone considering it is #1, go for it but be smart. Make sure that you are in TOP TOP TOP shape. I had ct scans done, a mammogram (cause I was considering boobs also and I'm 30), and blood work on top of blood work done. Most surgeons don't go to these extremes but since I lost so much weight and I'm vegetarian my doctor wanted to make sure my heart and lungs were good as well as my proteins and vitamins. On top of having that full physical, make sure you can do pull ups and push ups. Everything for the first week requires you to pull urself up with your arms and legs. You can't use your core for anything. Additionally, if you work out right and eat right you won't need the pain medicine. I only took it once every 12 hours for 3 days. The suggested dosage was 2 percocets every 4 hours for 10 days or until needed. I still have about 60 pills left that I am getting ready to take back to the pharmacy. I had an extended tummy tuck (hip to hip) a mini thigh lift and no lipo. The doctor said I had lost so much weight he literally had no fat to remove, the fat I have I need lol. There goes the idea of fat transfer to the booty! Anyways, good luck to you all and if anyone has any questions just let me know =)

Replies

• Kipperdoodle13
    Kipperdoodle13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    do you have before and after pics? Just curious.
  • delgadodelgado1120
    delgadodelgado1120 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    before
    Untitled-2.jpg

day of surgery
    photo_zps848eaaac.jpg

i don't have one yet after the tummy tuck because im only 14 days out, dont want to discourage anyone =)
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    you look amazing - you should be so proud of your progress - very inspiring!
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    Thank you, it has been a great process!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look great, I had a tummy tuck also a few years ago and it was the best desicion I have ever made. Good luck with your recovery!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Did they tell you how much they took off?
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic. This is my greatest fear. I've had 4 c-sections and will have lost 100+ pounds when I hit my goal. I am so fearful of what the skin on my body will be like when I get to the end game. "Meat aprons" ain't pretty! LOL
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look fab, well done you, and yes I would have had the surgery too
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! well done girl!
    I had a c-section type of surgery 21 years ago, ovary removed, I got belly sticking out too :/
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG wow :noway: That is awesome. I am speechless.
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    So happy for you! You look amazing & I can't wait to see your after pics when you heal. Yay! for you.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Good for you! You look great!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your dedication! You look amazing!

I'm looking at getting a tummy tuck. I have a lot of excess skin that just hangs there and it makes me really self conscious. I've been going back and forth between getting the tummy tuck and just learning to love my body how it is. I just can't make up my mind.

How has your experience been so far? I'm always curious to hear about people's experiences. Is it worth the pain and money?
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i'd love to see some after pics when you're less puffy. Or even in private (not creepy - just interested)

I have had three kids and was up well over 100 lbs from where i am now, Between the pregnancies and so many years of being overweight, my mid section is pretty gross. I'm not sure where I'm going to find the money but it's going to happen for me too.

what is the recovery like? how long did you have to be off work for? how is the pain now?
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How long is the healing process?
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great. I would do it in a heartbeat if I had the extra money....
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Amazing weight loss! I'm 5 and a half weeks into tummy tuck recovery. I had a full tt with skin removal and a lot of muscle repair. I can tell you that it gets better every day! Congrats to you!
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING !!!! I will be doing a Tummy Tuck in Oct, due to a muscle separation after my 3 c-sections! and a hernia too... My tummy is HUGE!! basically I look 8 months pregnant! Can't wait to see your pics of before and after TT !!!

Seriously, you are a NEW person !
  • delgadodelgado1120
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for your comment! It absolutely is worth it, go for a plastic reconstructive surgeon though, not a cosmetic surgeon. The extra money is worth it. My doctor was a clinical associate professor at the university of Miami. Amazing staff and amazing crew. I would do it again. Before this I was terrified of surgery and medicine. I live a very natural lifestyle and was panicked. Knowing the quality of people I was with made the experience amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!