COLOR RUNS ROCK! :)

Options
I've done a few color runs, but I can never get the color to stay in the clothes.....What can I do to make it stay in them? Someone suggested spray adhesive before, and I did it with the last color run and it is a yucky, sticky mess and a lot of the color washed out....Anyone tried anything else that actually worked? :) Thanks!

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I would try ironing the clothes and then running them through a dryer, inside out, on the hottest setting before the first wash. And always wash them inside out.

I've done that method to set inks when making my own shirts and have found that it works really well. I'm sure the colors that are used during the runs are different, but heat is typically the best way to set any "stain", which is really what it all is.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    The other thing I saw said spray them with vinegar, then iron....
  • curvykim78
    Options
    The other thing I saw said spray them with vinegar, then iron....
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to sign up for one - my friends really want me to - however, How do you get home clean? You are wanting color to stay on - "I" want it off me asap. I'm not a fan of being dirty, and the idea of having that in my car on the trip home is a little too much for me. How do you clean up at the end?
  • curvykim78
    Options
    We put old comforters inside the car, just take them out and wash when you get home. We actually got undressed outside as much as we could and left the clothes outside in a basket until I could figure how to make the color stay. Just jump straight into te shower and start washing. Works really good to use a loofah sponge too. I've found hanging out in the pool also lightens the colors left on your skin. Nothing stayed on our skin from Color Me Rad, but we just did the Sparkle Me Wild and their powder stuck on everyone everywhere! lol
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to sign up for one - my friends really want me to - however, How do you get home clean? You are wanting color to stay on - "I" want it off me asap. I'm not a fan of being dirty, and the idea of having that in my car on the trip home is a little too much for me. How do you clean up at the end?
    Bring old towels and wipe down as best you can before getting in the car, and yes, old comforters or blanket or towels in the car to sit on for the ride home.

When I did my color run, the people parked next to us had a gas powered leaf blower they turned on each other - it did remove quite a bit of color pretty quickly before they all hopped in the car and left! :bigsmile: