How many calories do you leave yourself for supper?

Options
Hello,

I'm just wondering how many calories you guys usually leave yourselves for supper. I work all day and have a small breakfast and lunch to allow myself AT LEAST 600 calories for supper and a bed time snack.

Just curious - for me its really mind over matter. If I have 600 calories I think "wow I can eat a lot of supper!" and feel like I have a bit more cushion.

Replies

• Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I typically try to give myself at least 500 calories and if I have more than that, I usually treat myself to a beer or a glass of wine. My dinners are usually chicken or steak with a bit of rice or steamed veggies, so that's *plenty* of calories there. Of course, the other day, I ended up with so many extra calories, my boyfriend and I treated ourselves to Culver's Custard! :drinker:
  • jennifert40
    jennifert40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same thing, especially if I'm going out to dinner or something special. Usually, I save between 500-700 calories for dinner.
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm pretty much the opposite, I'll try to get most of my calories in the breakfast and lunch, so I don't have to have dinner. I find not having dinner or a light dinner, if my earlier meals were too light, I sleep better.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    best case scenario for me is 50% for dinner and evening snacks
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    For myself I try for a 300 cal bfast, 400 cal lunch, 600 cal dinner and 2-3 small snacks under 100 calories each. Plus daily cardio. Oh and I stop eating after 7p.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I get panicky if I don't have ~1000 left for dinner. Most of my dinners are between 800-1200 calories.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I eat the bulk of my calorie at breakfast so I have a good chance to work them off during the day. I really eat a big meal at night and NO food after 5P
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tonight I have 637, which seems like a lot to me. I usually eat a large breakfast, medium lunch, and a small dinner. This week has been off though!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I usually leave about 700-1000 for dinner. I'm not really a breakfast person, so it has been very easy to do.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    wow that's alot of cals before bed!

you should look at this site: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

at the very bottom it will break down how many cals each meal should be depending on how many you want to eat (I eat 6 meals) and they are all around 300 cals. I try to load up at the beginning of the day to burn the most then lessen through the night...

think the old saying, Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Lord and Dinner like a Peasant. :)
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    btw are you meaning dinner then a meal after that - like late night?
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm just wondering how many calories you guys usually leave yourselves for supper. I work all day and have a small breakfast and lunch to allow myself AT LEAST 600 calories for supper and a bed time snack.

Just curious - for me its really mind over matter. If I have 600 calories I think "wow I can eat a lot of supper!" and feel like I have a bit more cushion.

I usually leave about 300 because I make my lunch my big meal of the day.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I like to have 1000-1200 calories for supper. .
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    wow that's alot of cals before bed!

you should look at this site: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

at the very bottom it will break down how many cals each meal should be depending on how many you want to eat (I eat 6 meals) and they are all around 300 cals. I try to load up at the beginning of the day to burn the most then lessen through the night...

think the old saying, Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Lord and Dinner like a Peasant. :)

Le sigh. Meal timing is a myth
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm a reverse eater, 600kCal breakfast, 400kCal lunch, 300kCal dinner and a 150kCal buffer for snacks
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I only save calories for dessert. I'd skip dinner if I had to. :tongue:
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have about 700 calories for my dinner and evening snack. It works out well for me because the evening is when I'm most likely to binge! :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 0 and 2000+.

ETA:
    Le sigh. Meal timing is a myth

Oh, and ^this.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    600 to 700 calories is approximately what I leave for the end of my day.

8488541.png