I ate how much calories???

Options
I'm new here but have already lost 41 lb. on my own. I'm back to tracking calories & almost everyday, I'm seeing I REALLY rack up the calories during one meal. It blows my mind. Does anyone else do this or is your calories spread more evenly throughout the day?

Replies

• Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    I usually split into two big meals. I have a breakfast before work and usually don't eat dinner until after my workout which is about 10 hours later. I just don't feel hungry, but hey, that's just me :) It all depends on the person really. If you find yourself hungry throughout the day then you can split your meals whatever way you want.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    mine seem to be split pretty evenly between breakfast, lunch, dinner, pre-workout snack (mid-day snack) and post workout smoothie
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast and only a light lunch. The bulk of my calories are at dinner
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Random, depends on the day, usually about 200 at breakfast, rest is random!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the day for me. Some days, I eat pretty evenly at breakfast, lunch, and dinner (with a couple snacks in there), so I am eating steadily all day. Other days, I won't even feel hungry until lunch and so I end up having a decent lunch and a huge dinner, without snacks. I don't think it really matters, as long as you're not starving all day to eat a big dinner or something. Even then, it only matters because it sucks, and not because your body will do anything different.
  • blondejester
    Options
    i try to make sure to spread mine out throughout the day because when i eat a lot of calories for one meal i get a bit freaked out! the biggest meal is always dinner for me though.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm new here but have already lost 41 lb. on my own. I'm back to tracking calories & almost everyday, I'm seeing I REALLY rack up the calories during one meal. It blows my mind. Does anyone else do this or is your calories spread more evenly throughout the day?

I split mine fairly evenly between lunch and dinner with breakfast being just a piece of fruit or two. If I were to have, say, a very large dinner, it leaves me feeling so bloated, it's just not worth it for me.

However, in your own case, if you enjoy that large meal and you are within your daily calorie allowance, then really, I cannot see why there would be a problem, do what you enjoy and if it is saving many of your calories for that one large meal, then so be it, you are not hurting anybody or yourself xxx
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat less during the day so I can have more at night. I like doing that way but I can't always do it. :-/
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    it is best for your body's metabolism to spread your meals through the day. However, in the end what matters is Calories In vs. Calories Out.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    it is best for your body's metabolism to spread your meals through the day. However, in the end what matters is Calories In vs. Calories Out.

metabolism has nothing to do with meal timing
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I feel best and enjoy myself most when I spread out my calories. One meal will almost always be a bit bigger than that others. It's usually dinner, but sometimes it could be breakfast or lunch if I eat out for that meal. Breakfast is usually around 300, lunch and dinner usually around 500 or 600. It's just what feels best and feels natural to me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's all over the place for me. I very rarely have meals with more than 500 calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Bulk of my calories is at dinner as I like to have a wide variety in one meal and deal better without food during the day when doing other things.
    I can easily get down a 1200 calorie meal, only takes a decent sized chicken breast, avocado, little hummus, mashed potato and a nice pile of veggies, followed by a greek yoghurt or some dark chocolate.
  • Davesgrl_92
    Options
    My calorie OMG meals vary & I don't really do it on purpose. Like today; I had about a 350 breakfast, 350 lunch, 230 snack & BAM 730 dinner. I had to do overtime on the workout. Not complaining. Really. I mean I guess this is why we log stuff; to see where changes need to be made, right? Thanks for your input everyone :)
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like to cook and I like a big dinner, so my breakfast and lunch are only about a third of may daily calories. The rest gets blown on dinner, and generally a lot of those calories is wine! I love me some wine. :)
  • SkepticallyFit
    Options
    My calorie OMG meals vary & I don't really do it on purpose. Like today; I had about a 350 breakfast, 350 lunch, 230 snack & BAM 730 dinner. I had to do overtime on the workout. Not complaining. Really. I mean I guess this is why we log stuff; to see where changes need to be made, right? Thanks for your input everyone :)

I pre-log meals to force myself to adhere to my calorie goal. It helps with overeating during a meal and throwing my calorie balance for the day out of whack.

As for my meals, I eat six times a day. It keeps me energetic and focused throughout the day, with no stomach growling to distract me. So I try to divide my calories as best I can, which makes for very interesting food choices.
  • Davesgrl_92
    Options
    Skepticallyfit... What a great idea!