Hi, I'm new

Hi, all. I just wanted to stop lurking and maybe participate a little on the boards. I've been here for a few months but I've only gotten serious in the last month or so. I've learned so much about what was wrong with the way I used to eat! I was truly shocked when I learned what a normal portion size was - I had no idea how much I was overeating. I'm 50 years old and I've got got about 50 lbs. to lose. But this time I'm not going to rush it - I've done that before and would lose 10 lbs. or so, but then just gain it right back. I really want to stick with the healthy foods I've been slowly incorporating, and hoping that slow and steady will win the race!

Replies

• HanaEhab7
    HanaEhab7 Posts: 16 Member
    Hey there. We have so much in common. I only used fad diets to lose weight, and trust me the weight came back so fast! So I was convinced that the only way to lose weight is exercise and reduce my calorie intake. However I am pear-shaped which makes it so hard to lose weight. That is what they say. "Genetics" and so. But I am only 16.3 years so maybe I have a chance to be fit. Man, I already have cellulite. But I'm working on it. I am Egyptian, so it sure is very hard to maintain weight here. Fast food including pizza and Mc Donald's are everywhere. But I will do this! I'm sick of all the "peer pressure" at school too. I need those slim legs.
  • Hello, I am also new to this board. I want to lose over 50 lbs but in moderation. I have lost over 30lbs before but gain all back. If you need any encouragement or want to vent, I am here. And vice versa. I agree slow and steady wins the race.
  • kayderkam
    kayderkam Posts: 15 Member
    Hi there! I am not new to the site but new to reaching out to others. I have been on and off MFP for a while now. I am the same way. I usually want a quick fix for weight loss, I dont want to work for it! But, I know I have to be able to remain where I need to be. I have a goal, by my next birthday (July 8) one year, I will be at my goal weight. I have about 85 pounds to lose. Hang in there!!
  • wild79wolf
    wild79wolf Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm new too! My name is Stacey and I joined MFP almost a month ago. I've been using MFP mainly on my phone up until now. So far I'm enjoying it and seeing weight loss. I've set small goals for myself to avoid getting discouraged. I have overall about 30 to 40 lbs to lose. My first "mini goal" is "only" 15 lbs away. :-) :smile:
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    First step is in realizing the problem and you got that on licked! Best of luck in your quest for health and please feel free to add me if you like