An alternative to Insanity for upper body

Options
I've been doing Insanity, which I love. I have lost inches from my waist, thighs & hips. However, I haven't lost anyhting from my upper body - paticularly my arms. I am happy with my lower body progress, but my arms really are my problem area.

I am looking for some suggestions for something as instensive as Insanity that will work my upper body (especially my arms)more.

Thanks x

Replies

• shoefet
    shoefet Posts: 2
    Options
    Try Chalen Extreme or a similar weight/strength training for three days and Insanity for the other days for cardio. There is a book on weight training that is meant to be good called The New Rules of Lifting for women. You can buy it from the same place you bought Insanity under 'Books'! :-)

Chalean Extreme has been good for my arms, chest and shoulders. Good luck chuck! ;-)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    insanity works your whole body but you can't control where and when fat loss occurs. keep working out and keep eating in a calorie deficit and the fat will eventually go away from where you want it to.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    How much of the Insanity program have you done? The 2nd month really hits the upperbody/core more than month 1, which was rather focused on building a good base with the large muscles of the lower body/preparing you for the stability you will need for the compound movements of month 2.

I have seen a lot of people have great results for upper body strength/development using P90X. If you're up for the time/equipment commitment, that might be a good program for you - many people I know like to use that program to develop "vanity muscles." Good luck!
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Boxing maybe?