Lifting

Options
So I am currently lightly active. I go on walks alot, do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio per day, sometimes more, and I do zumba. I could do cardio all day everyday, I really have no problem motivating myself to do it, getting myself to the gym. However, I don't feel like I'm getting the results I want with just cardio, and I think I need to start lifting. The problem is I have absolutely NO idea where to start without injuring myself. I do some weights at the gym but I don't even think what I'm doing counts. I can do about 10 pounds on the shoulder press, 5 pound free weights, around 30-40 on the leg press, and 70 on the hip abductor. I do squats without any weights, and I know none of that is enough, but I can't seem to move up.
Any advice as to how to get a better start, and improve?

Replies

• Squirrel1601
    Options
    Maybe work with a personal trainer for a couple of sessions who can show you proper technique and set up a lifting plan for you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Get and read New Rules of Lifting for Women. It explains the basics of what you should be doing, why, and how. It's the best place I've seen to get started.