Had a huge binge today...

Options
I know tomorrow is a new day and I can start over, but I am disappointed in myself. It wasn't even special or super delicious food. It was mostly chocolate and junk. I easily ate 3 to 4,000 calories today. I haven't binged like this since last year. I know one day of eating like this won't make me re-fat. I also know I most likely will gain on weight in Monday (although I know that if I get back to business, it will go away quickly). I'm just super disappointed because I'm less than 10 pounds away from Onederland, and this is a setback. I guess I just needed to vent and to hear some encouraging words.

Replies

• marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you said it yourself... its ONE day??? don't sweat the small stuff it will take over your life. One day in the picture of your life is nothing. so put on your grownup pants and tomorrow you start again as if its day 1
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    3 to 4,000 calories... I'd suggest you log them and find out for sure...then let it go. No need to hang on to the guilt. You'll be back in business tomorrow morning!
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No worries! Count it as your cheat day and get back to your routine of eating well and being healthy tomorrow. We all need a day to pig out sometimes, and today was yours.

You're not going to throw away all your hard work by doing this again and again, so don't worry about it.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! This hasn't happened since last year, that's a long time :) I've done that at least 3 times this year. Even if you gain, I promise you it will just be scale weight, and after a few days things will go back to normal. I say treat it as a treat day and get back on track tomorrow. Hang in there we all have slip ups!

And btw your progress thus far has been amazing. Well done! :)
  • Melissakay1222
    Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in the maintenance phase of this journey and I had a bad day yesterday myself. I ate crap and felt like crap after I did it. I gave myself an *kitten* whooping and started back at it today. It's a new day. We can do this together. We will always have weak days but the most important thing is that we realize it and we get up and brush ourselves off and keep on going. You've come way too far to turn back now. I'm proud of you for all of your hard work and the amazing things you've accomplished so far. Don't be so hard on yourself. ;)
  • angelaharvin
    Options
    Hey! That is like...only a pound! Such a tiny setback on your incredible journey! You are totally fine! I know you know this and you feel bad...just pump yourself full of spinach tomorrow :] it'll help
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    breathe, forgive yourself. continue.........
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Log it all and take full ownership for it then forgive yourself. Being accountable for what we eat helps us as we go forward in this battle with food. You're right on every point. It's not going to ruin your progress, it's a small set back. The set back is more emotional / mental than physical. Ask yourself why you gave in today. Were you stressed? Lonely? Upset about something? Once you identify the "why," you can then work on strategies to cope with those feelings that don't involve food.

You are very close to being in Onederland - I've heard a lot of people say they subconsciously sabotage themselves at a certain weight. Mine was always 180. I finally recognized that was a problem for me. To this day I don't know why but this time when I got close I just pushed harder and blew right past it. I'm now at 169 and still going.

Keep your head down and your feet moving. Keep logging and communicating with the community here. You CAN do this!
  • Katey12891
    Katey12891 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I have binged way more times this year and I just work harder the rest of the week. It's ok to treat yourself every once in a while. And just remember, your not going to just balloon up after eating that!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I wish I could log it, but i don't remember the quantities of some of it. lol

It's the next day, and my stomach is kinda full from yesterday, so I don't even feel like eating breakfast.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I had a (what I thought was) a big cheat meal on Thursday. I logged it and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Spent an extra half hour at the gym and was back in the green for my calories. Life happens, it's recovering that counts. Back on track and no looking back!
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I ate over 8,000 calories yesterday,so I feel your pain.
    But it's one day,and it's a day that ,can't be taken back.
    Get back up,learn,and move on.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I ate over 8,000 calories yesterday,so I feel your pain.
    But it's one day,and it's a day that ,can't be taken back.
    Get back up,learn,and move on.

Yummy. I bet your food was better than mine. lol
  • kellygirltx
    Options
    Just a moment of weakness, that all it was. Keep reminding yourself that you are stronger than your cravings. And just like any other addiction, the first step towards the right direction (again =) is admitting what you did. Now put it past you and keep heading for those 10 lbs. You've got this!
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was just getting on this Board to write something similar. I binged a couple of days this week and also made the decision to not workout even though I had ample opportunity to break away from the family and get to the gym...I did mine 2 days in a row and just feel like crap afterwards too and am also breaking out on my face because of it. I also gained weight, although I know in reality it's just water weight since my daily calorie allowance is for weight loss but that's still salt in the wounds.
    Thankfully it's a wake up call to why I eat healthy so I'm calling those 2 days my "off" days and went back to the gym today too. Hopefully you're feeling better about it all and have forgiven yourself too :)