Friends with a sweet tooth (like me!)

Options
13»

Replies

• _KrisMarie_
    _KrisMarie_ Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm starting to think I will never be able to enjoy 'treats' at all. :brokenheart:

edit: biggest weaknesses: bakery goodies, ice cream, pop tarts, chewy/chocolatey/nutty candies.

I think for some people they really do have to quit everything. However, I think for most people you can get to that point where you have a reasonable amount and still enjoy your favorite desserts. Not to say that I'm there yet, but just that it's possible!
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    i'm a retro candy junkie hah...these are the things i just can't work into my macros as i can finish an entire bag of any of these:

circus peanuts
    candy corn
    Necco's
    after dinner mints
    swedish fish (not the off brand ones, MUST be in the yellow package and say Swedish Fish on it or it's not gonna happen)

:noway:

Ooh, candy corn! I'm like that with Hot Tamales. I just can't eat a serving, it's the whole box!
  • Gremlinbaby
    Options
    I just like junk food. It really depends on the day: Sometimes it's chocolate others it's chips. I've gotten to the point where I can leave the grocery store without buying big bags of candy or chips...most of the time. Having to drag my 18 month old around keeps me from indulging every craving I have. I don't know what I'm going to do when she starts school. I can totally see myself dropping her off at school and then heading to the store for a junk food fix. Also, I can by pass the candy and chip isles now but I can't make it through the checkout line without picking up a king size snickers. I try not to go to the store more than once a week. However, most of the time I forget my list and have to go back...
  • goombasmom
    goombasmom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink... don't smoke...I get plenty of exercise.

Sweets are my downfall. I'm very obsessive about what I eat (right now, it's Reeses Peanut Butter Cups) . But I also have a fondness for baked goods- especially homemade cake/cookies.

I have learned now, that I just gotta work harder to have them in my daily allowance. Anyone else, feel free to add me. We can do this! :p
  • SudoApt
    SudoApt Posts: 9
    Options
    One word: chocolate

exactly lol
  • Michelleh118
    Michelleh118 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a real sweet tooth, feel free to add me :smile:
  • kitsiekitty
    kitsiekitty Posts: 166
    Options
    Sweet tooth personification here. So instead of sugars, i eat fruits instead, and i eat honey sweetened oatmeal with banana in the morning to curb cravings. occasionally you'll see two slices of cake and nothing else in my lunch diary, and that's me indulging at the expense of a proper lunch, but it makes me full and i'm still within a calorie intake, so its fine i guess?

its a good thing i managed to curb soda and sweet drink cravings though. xD
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    right here sweet tooth all of the time!!!!
  • Andreitzi
    Andreitzi Posts: 9
    Options
    SMORES SMORES SMORES SMORES SMORES SMORES SMORES ... you get the picture... yea buddy!
    p.s. I had one today, just one so I am doing a whole lot better... but my hubby does snap his finger and says," ooooooo" lol i love and hate that man
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating a coconut milk ice cream with a chocolate and almond shell..haha so goood add me I love sweets!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I LOVE ICE CREAM. I can eat a ton of ice cream without even feeling a little bit sick. My sweet tooth is pretty killer (sometimes it leads me to some nasty binges), but I'm watching the sugary stuff and working on alternatives to giving into my cravings. Feel free to add me if you want a buddy in the same boat. c:
  • girlfury
    girlfury Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Omg! Sugar is my weakness! I have a hard time saying no to anything that has sugar in it...argg...anyway im always looking for supportive friends..add me if u like..:smile:
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think I could eat candy all day long. Of course I get mad at myself when I do eat it because then I feel fat and bloated for the rest of the day. Why does it have to taste so damn good.
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth is awful! It's the bane of my weight loss and fruit just doesn't touch it in the slightest. My sweet lil tooth is only happy with chocolate or cake as well which doesn't help. I have to have a bit of chocolate everyday to keep it at bay and that's working so far. Would love new friends who have a fellow sweet tooth too :-)
  • _KrisMarie_
    Options
    Sweet tooth personification here. So instead of sugars, i eat fruits instead, and i eat honey sweetened oatmeal with banana in the morning to curb cravings. occasionally you'll see two slices of cake and nothing else in my lunch diary, and that's me indulging at the expense of a proper lunch, but it makes me full and i'm still within a calorie intake, so its fine i guess?

its a good thing i managed to curb soda and sweet drink cravings though. xD

Sounds like a plan to me! And I think it's great to get rid of the sugary drinks, esp. sodas. I kid you not, I used to drink of 6-pack of Dr. Pepper A DAY back in college. Now, I occasionally have a diet soda. I shudder to think how much sugar I used to have back then!
  • CScoughton
    Options
    Lol, I've been baking batches of cupcakes for 3 people and seem to be under the delusion that I'm only gonna eat one....Yeah, right! Forcing myself to accept now that if I want to stay fit, I'm going to have to give up on sweets and especially baking. Save it for special occasions I guess.
  • FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options
    RCmom24,

OK, lets be honest I personally feel just about everyone has a Sweet Tooth (be it deserts, wine, chips , or whatever). There is a weakness everywhere! But for the sweets, OMG, I love those darn sweets, and have to really work hard to not be consumed by them (and many times they have won that battle), then other times I took control (and man, did those little sugar granules keep finding me. Especially in my coffee in the morning, as I love to add the flavored creamer, and am working to fix that after logging everything I have eaten most of this week and found half of my sugar intake comes from that darn creamer ARGH...not sure how I will ween myself off it, but just another challenge that I need to take control over. Discussions about last nights dinner out and the bread pudding that was ordered, is another post LOL Feel free to add me to your friends if you need the support...I know I do!