Any good chicken or turkey recipes?

Options
vdub88
vdub88 Posts: 79
I love them both and looking for new ways. I rolled my tenderloins in rolled oats today with garlic and Parmesan cheese today and baked them - they were so good.

Replies

• DiveGal
    DiveGal Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi. This might not be what you are looking for, but we recently smoked a turkey and after it had cooled, my husband used the food processor to grind it up and made turkey salad for sandwiches. It has an awesome smoke flavor. Wouldn't have thought it, but I really like it. Can be used with salad too, kind of like you might use tuna.

I would have made a turkey noodle soup but everyone said no, not with the smoked turkey bones. ??

Have you ever looked at www.recipe.com or www.recipes.com? I can't remember which is right, but there are thousands of recipes.

Good luck!
  • bsweettt
    bsweettt Posts: 56
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet, but i'm DYING to! http://askgeorgie.com/?p=2621
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try this one! Its really good!

Easy Chicken and Broccoli Dinner

1 lb. Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves, cut into bite sized pieces
    ...1 (1 lb.) Bag Frozen Broccoli Florets
    3.5 oz. (approx. 1 Cup) Barilla Plus Multigrain Rotini Pasta, uncooked
    1 Cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1 (10.75 oz.) Can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
    1 (10.75 oz.) Can 98% Fat Free Broccoli Cheese Soup
    1 Tablespoon Dry Minced Onions
    1 1/2 Cups Fat Free Chicken Broth
    1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
    1/2 teaspoon Pepper
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, macaroni and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the soup, broth, onions, garlic powder and pepper together; stir into the chicken mixture. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. sake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir, and then bake 25-30 minutes longer, or until the chicken juices run clear and macaroni is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves: 6 (1 Cup Each)
    Per Serving: 267 Calories; 4g Fat (14.3% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary
  • lorilai
    lorilai Posts: 3
    Options
    Try Allrecipes.com. You can search the site for Lite or Low Cal recipes. They have some fantastic recipes and give full nutrional content on all of them.

Hope this helps!
  • iowabelle
    Options
    ntp0826's recipe sounds really good... of course I haven't eaten supper yet so I'm doing the dangerous thing by looking at all these recipes.

should probably go home and eat the leftover red beans and brown rice I made earlier. ( But I'd rather eat this new recipe. :( )
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mrsmommie08
    Options
    Found this somewhere on this site: www.cooklight.com
    Type in Chicken or Turkey into the search box and they have some pretty good ones.
  • booch221
    booch221 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hungarian Chicken

8 chicken thighs (or which ever chicken parts you prefer)
    2 T olive oil
    1 medium-size onion
    2 t sweet Hungarian paprika
    2 T water
    1 small red bell pepper, chopped
    1 ripe tomato, chopped
    2 tablespoons rose wine
    1/2 cup light sour cream
    salt

Sauté onion in butter 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add paprika, stirring constantly. Return to heat and immediately add 2 tablespoons water. Stir until smooth and cook to reduce liquid by half. Place chicken in skillet, skin side down on top of onions, and sprinkle generously with salt. Cook 5 minutes uncovered; add red bell pepper, tomato, and wine. Turn chicken pieces, lower heat and cook covered 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.

Remove chicken to heated platter and keep warm. Puree pan juices and sour cream with an immersion blender. Bring to gentle simmer and cook without boiling, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce is creamy and a rich pink-orange color. Add salt to taste. Pour sauce over chicken and serve with buttered Kluski style noodles or Spaetzle. This recipe is better the next day.