The sugar monster

Options
thezorb
thezorb Posts: 67 Member
Does anyone else have a sugar monster inside of them? I'm fine if I don't eat anything with processed sugar in it, but once I do, watch out! Any baked goods, candy bars or anything even resembling birthday cake will be gone; it's like I have a sugar radar and can sniff them out. Any ideas on how to control the monster within?

Replies

• Crusader1545
    Crusader1545 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pure will power just say no, Or keep gum in you pocket see a piece of cake you want? Chew gum 5 calories vs 150+ but it is still sweet.
  • berrymelt
    berrymelt Posts: 10
    Options
    I found that if i don't buy it I don't eat it but if I'm at a party or something I allow myself a little sugar something. I eat less of it because I'm in public :)

I have 2 small children in the house and they are allowed one box of chocolates per month (10 high quality chocolates) I would dare eat one even if the sugar monster was raging. Plus they can count....I'd never get away with it.
  • Crusader1545
    Crusader1545 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I found that if i don't buy it I don't eat it but if I'm at a party or something I allow myself a little sugar something. I eat less of it because I'm in public :)

I have 2 small children in the house and they are allowed one box of chocolates per month (10 high quality chocolates) I would dare eat one even if the sugar monster was raging. Plus they can count....I'd never get away with it.

Good advice, if you dont own it you cant eat it!
  • alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Lol, then I don't think you you really have a sugar monster. You just like sweets like most people. The "monster" is extremely ravenous and will stop at nothing. It shuts the brain off of a functioning person and devours everything in sight, even when you're so uncomfortably full and you can't even taste what you're eating, but you continue to scour the ends of the earths for everything and anything sweet regardless of the consequences.
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your monster is nice. The little *kitten* that hangs around here has forced me to speed walk to a gas station at 3 am in my pjs with a handful of sofa change. :embarassed: Gum helps sometimes but there are other times where I just have to feed the things to get a moment's sanity... :ohwell:
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have it every day in moderation. If I deny myself completely then I'm more likely to fall off the wagon.

I say this whilst eating a Pop-tart. But...the other half of my breakfast is Whole Earth Peanut Butter on wholemeal toast. Karma, I suppose. :laugh:
  • sarwatf
    sarwatf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its biscuits ( of any variety) for me rather than sugar per se... but I hear you! For what its worth, having a couple of cubes of mango , or a fig or something like that works for me maybe 75% of the time...granted its still sugar but i figure its probably better than a double choc chip cookie
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Its biscuits ( of any variety) for me rather than sugar per se... but I hear you! For what its worth, having a couple of cubes of mango , or a fig or something like that works for me maybe 75% of the time...granted its still sugar but i figure its probably better than a double choc chip cookie
    Me too - biscuits are my downfall, I feel a bit like an alcoholic, I know that I will never ever be able to eat custard creams again :)