LOOKING FOR BUDDIES - WOMEN OVER 50

Options
124»

Replies

• dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi all.im 50 and have lost 19 lbs since January with MFP. There's a group here for 40-50 year olds that is very supportive. Take a look.

I've battled the same 30 lbs all my adult life. I'm motivated to be more healthy and avoid knee replacement surgery. I try to plan my day to eat 300 cals at breakfast, 400 for lunch, 500 for dinner and snacks equalling 280 as needed. I work out 5-6 days a week , including spin class, weightlifting and walking. I'm losing one lb a week pretty regularly. It's getting easier to follow.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Well hello everyone. I'm 57 and have been a member of MFP since March 2013. I've lost nearly 10 lbs so far. I have really enjoyed the encouragement and friendship I have found on this site. I have a very competitive spirit and seeing everyone post about their exercise has inspired me to "get off the couch". Viewing some of the food diaries has helped me to restructure my eating to be more inline with a healthy lifestyle.
  • katatbreezy
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Kat
  • faithcraft
    faithcraft Posts: 14
    Options
    I just turned 57. I am trying to stick with a low carb diet and consistent exercise. I could use the encouragement and wqould love to encourage others as well. Everyone feel free to friend me.
  • neeseeray
    neeseeray Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new here...just completed first week. I don't know how to add friends though. I have just been logging my food and exercise. I could use a tutorial!
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    OK LADIES! I just signed up for a five K walk. It is in two weeks at our local zoo. I challenge you to do this also. Walks are non-competitive, and you can go as fast or as slow as you want. Make your goal simply to FINISH. I did one last year but none since then. I AM MAKING A CHANGE starting today. Just one change. I challenge you to do the same.

Let's hear what you are going to do! What's your one change going to be?

My family is doing a color me rad 5K in june- my first ever....
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    :happy: Welcome!! I turned 50 in February and I need to lose about 80lbs. Anyone feel free to send a friend request. I would love friends that are close to my age.
  • mbdiary
    mbdiary Posts: 9
    Options
    It's great that there are so many of us to motivate each other. I am 53. Have recently gotten up off the couch, gone grocery shopping for wonderful healthy foods and started to hald my stomach in ( this is not easy) I have about 20-25 lbs to loose, i figure it took a couple of years to get out of shape so i am going to shoot for a year to get back into shape. it feels good to be moving in a positive step.
  • mbdiary
    mbdiary Posts: 9
    Options
    Congrat's on your amazing weight loss so far! Best of luck to you too! I started logging last week. Started walking again last week too. Feel's great to be motivated.
  • JillLaBarre
    Options
    I just joined the group under 200. I started dieting in October when I came too close to 300 lbs. since then I've lost 51 lbs. the doctor said my goal should be 120! That's a joke. I think I weighed that for a hot minute as a freshman in HS. Right now my immediate goal is to get to 200 (44 to go). Then I'll tackle the next goal.
    I've found that using this app has kept me on track. I had a short goal of 10 lbs when I signed up for the app. It was a challenge by a business colleague. We were both going to be on Norwegian Breakaway's christening cruise on May 8th. Now that it's over, I need to get back at it and need a diet buddy to feel accountable to someone. You would think being accountable to myself would be enough! If it were, I wouldn't be in the shape I am!
    If you would like to connect, we can support each other to our goals. If you want to see more about me, you can see my business page at www.facebook.com/JillsGreatEscapes
  • Lynski46157
    Lynski46157 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP and also looking for pals over 50 for support and motivation.
  • JillLaBarre
    Options
    Connect with me and we can help keep each other on track. I found that his app helps me stay accountable. It has helped me continue to lose weight. When I do go astray it's nice to have this tool help me refocus.
  • YssaM
    YssaM Posts: 1
    Options
    hi, just looking for friends to help and to help me out too. would appreciate making some friends on mfp. thanks
  • MaMa2Charley
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am 53 with post-menopausal fluff to lose. I am a single mom with 3 kids at home - 2 girls in college and the boy soon to be.

I am 40 days on this site, and rather obsessed with MFP. ;-) Feel free to add me (poster and readers).
  • Montrose11
    Montrose11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Any of you on this thread are welcome to add me. I am 54 YO and back after a long hiatus!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and this is my 370th day of logging in to MFP. I have lost 34 lbs. To me, it is more about the journey than the destination. Learning to lose weight and get healthy while still being able to live (and eat) in the real world is what it's all about. I participate in a 50+ discussion thread that is super active and motivating. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

Kay
  • happygal
    Options
    I have been away from MFP for a while (life interrupts your plans sometimes!) but have been working on the weight loss battle. I joined weight watchers at work (company is paying the cost! HURRAY) and am down 11 pounds. I have been more active and can tell the difference in my body and how it works. LIking this a lot! I want to be healthy for the rest of my life and able to stay active! And of course getting back into smaller (and more attractive!) clothes is a bonus too!

I have done three five Ks (walking) this summer (yep, did them by myself, even though I was scared to do it alone) and am signed up for a mud run/obstacle course the end of September. What are YOU doing to make your weight loss goal, whatever it is, a reality? let me celebrate your victories with you!

One thing I could tell you: it is easy to look at how far you have to go yet, but look back and see how far you've come!

We can do this! Best, Janet
  • Junebug70360
    Junebug70360 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in June and I'm starting today, trying to lose the 30 lbs that I have gained back over the last 2 years. I lost 40 lbs 4 years ago, and I can not believe I have gained most of it back. I am also looking for friends to keep me accountable and motivated and hopefully I can offer the same.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 50 and have been on mfp since july 2010, I have lost 115 lbs and would love to emcourage others and make new friends. Also would help me to keep up with maintanence, I am terrified of gaining back the weight