hellooooo

Options
chipper15173
chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
hi, :flowerforyou: my name is chipper. i live in the hot south. i a married, have 2 grown kids, and 2 beautiful granddaughters. i am a diabetic (06), lost over 70#s then the good doctor said to had to quit smoking did that and gained 20. now i am working on taking that off, but had surgery the first of may and have been on do NOTHING for weeks now. :sad: hope to be released on the 25th. which hasn't helped. so have just been stuggling to maintain. just learned about this site today. way much easier to use than some of the others.
the bridge in my picture has a story around it. it is newly built here in charleston an i have always wanted to walk it. my sister (one of 4) who lives in canada came to the states to see our parents and visisted with me for a few days. she and my dd walked it together. my sister helped me greatly with my diabeties, she to has it. she called me everyday for 8 months helping me cope. so this was a big deal for me. but, i had hurt my ankle, tore 2 tendons and 1 ligiments. it was a slow walk with brace on foot. took 1 1/2 hours is 3.3 miles long. beautiful view of the ocean.
well, need to finish fixing dinner. darn chicken won't cook.
ttyl, chipper

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    hi, :flowerforyou: my name is chipper. i live in the hot south. i a married, have 2 grown kids, and 2 beautiful granddaughters. i am a diabetic (06), lost over 70#s then the good doctor said to had to quit smoking did that and gained 20. now i am working on taking that off, but had surgery the first of may and have been on do NOTHING for weeks now. :sad: hope to be released on the 25th. which hasn't helped. so have just been stuggling to maintain. just learned about this site today. way much easier to use than some of the others.
    the bridge in my picture has a story around it. it is newly built here in charleston an i have always wanted to walk it. my sister (one of 4) who lives in canada came to the states to see our parents and visisted with me for a few days. she and my dd walked it together. my sister helped me greatly with my diabeties, she to has it. she called me everyday for 8 months helping me cope. so this was a big deal for me. but, i had hurt my ankle, tore 2 tendons and 1 ligiments. it was a slow walk with brace on foot. took 1 1/2 hours is 3.3 miles long. beautiful view of the ocean.
    well, need to finish fixing dinner. darn chicken won't cook.
    ttyl, chipper
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    It's amazing that when it rains it pours when you're talking about weight gain and injuries they just seem to compound themselves. I'm very familiar with that situation myself.

Welcome aboard and good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site Chipper! Sorry to hear about all your problems!
    You HAVE come to the right site to help you. Besides being easy to use, the people are great, so you'll have a wonderful support system.
    I tell everyone that this is the best site on the web, and that it's "almost" easy. So many people think it's even "fun"! So have no fears, you've DEFINITELY come to the right place, and you WILL lose!!!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello chipper and welcome to mfp......the place to be!!!! Sorry to hear of your health issues but congratulations on your choice to stop smoking. Glad you are here. I agree with BrenNew that this is the best place to be. Thank you for the beautiful picture of the bridge. Best wishes to you on your goals.